PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
New Titan user questions

Im a new titan User. Ive been a long time Treo user and switched because I wanted the screen area. Ide like to know a few things and I have searched but may not have searched enough.
1. is there a locking program or a way to lock the unit so I have to hit the power button as well as a secondary key like on the treo? I find my phone turned on frequently when in the older by accidental bumping the power button.

2. is there a program that will close the programs when I hit the ok button to clise it instead of minimising it.

other then that I love the device.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
well you can use slide 2 unlock to unlock the ddefvice and x-button 2.0 works great to actually close the device.........
Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
but xbyutton dont you have to use the actual screen to close programs not the ok button? and I havent gotten slide2unlock to work
Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff
Welcome to the 6800 from another previous Treo user.

1. So far I haven't found anything that works like the keyguard on the Treo. Slide2Unlock isn't too bad, but it takes about 5mb if you leave it active and can sometimes be slow to start again if you don't. There are some other programs that work with the built-in lock program (OnLock is one that comes to mind). As of right now I'm just using the built-in lock. When you wake up with the power button you need to press the left softkey then a screen tap to unlock. Search on OnLock and the other was DeviceLock I think.

2. Yeah, XButton only seems to work on the screen "OK" to close the programs. I don't believe there is anything that works with the hardware "OK" buttons yet. Although I'd be really happy if someone could prove me wrong on that one.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Im somewhat of retarded today how and where do I turn on the lock you were speaking of.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff
In [Setting -> Today -> Items] enable the "Device Lock" Today screen plug-in. Tapping this from the Today screen will lock the device then require you to press the left softkey and do a screen tap before unlocking.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: epic 4g touch
Carrier: sprint

dbarrett5381 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02840 View Post
Welcome to the 6800 from another previous Treo user.

1. So far I haven't found anything that works like the keyguard on the Treo. Slide2Unlock isn't too bad, but it takes about 5mb if you leave it active and can sometimes be slow to start again if you don't. There are some other programs that work with the built-in lock program (OnLock is one that comes to mind). As of right now I'm just using the built-in lock. When you wake up with the power button you need to press the left softkey then a screen tap to unlock. Search on OnLock and the other was DeviceLock I think.

2. Yeah, XButton only seems to work on the screen "OK" to close the programs. I don't believe there is anything that works with the hardware "OK" buttons yet. Although I'd be really happy if someone could prove me wrong on that one.
Handyswitcher works with the hardware OK button. That is what I use.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor
Wisbar also allows you to map the Ok hard button to close the X.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan