PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New Titan user questions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9039)

remlle 09-24-2007 10:41 PM

New Titan user questions

Im a new titan User. Ive been a long time Treo user and switched because I wanted the screen area. Ide like to know a few things and I have searched but may not have searched enough.
1. is there a locking program or a way to lock the unit so I have to hit the power button as well as a secondary key like on the treo? I find my phone turned on frequently when in the older by accidental bumping the power button.

2. is there a program that will close the programs when I hit the ok button to clise it instead of minimising it.

other then that I love the device.

D/\SH 09-24-2007 11:09 PM

well you can use slide 2 unlock to unlock the ddefvice and x-button 2.0 works great to actually close the device.........

remlle 09-24-2007 11:18 PM

but xbyutton dont you have to use the actual screen to close programs not the ok button? and I havent gotten slide2unlock to work

02840 09-25-2007 07:48 AM

Welcome to the 6800 from another previous Treo user.

1. So far I haven't found anything that works like the keyguard on the Treo. Slide2Unlock isn't too bad, but it takes about 5mb if you leave it active and can sometimes be slow to start again if you don't. There are some other programs that work with the built-in lock program (OnLock is one that comes to mind). As of right now I'm just using the built-in lock. When you wake up with the power button you need to press the left softkey then a screen tap to unlock. Search on OnLock and the other was DeviceLock I think.

2. Yeah, XButton only seems to work on the screen "OK" to close the programs. I don't believe there is anything that works with the hardware "OK" buttons yet. Although I'd be really happy if someone could prove me wrong on that one.

remlle 09-25-2007 08:19 AM

Im somewhat of retarded today how and where do I turn on the lock you were speaking of.

02840 09-25-2007 10:47 AM

In [Setting -> Today -> Items] enable the "Device Lock" Today screen plug-in. Tapping this from the Today screen will lock the device then require you to press the left softkey and do a screen tap before unlocking.

dbarrett5381 09-25-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02840 (Post 92507)
Welcome to the 6800 from another previous Treo user.

1. So far I haven't found anything that works like the keyguard on the Treo. Slide2Unlock isn't too bad, but it takes about 5mb if you leave it active and can sometimes be slow to start again if you don't. There are some other programs that work with the built-in lock program (OnLock is one that comes to mind). As of right now I'm just using the built-in lock. When you wake up with the power button you need to press the left softkey then a screen tap to unlock. Search on OnLock and the other was DeviceLock I think.

2. Yeah, XButton only seems to work on the screen "OK" to close the programs. I don't believe there is anything that works with the hardware "OK" buttons yet. Although I'd be really happy if someone could prove me wrong on that one.

Handyswitcher works with the hardware OK button. That is what I use.

MannyPR 09-25-2007 01:05 PM

Wisbar also allows you to map the Ok hard button to close the X.