PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 04:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: cricket

amoamare is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ram Dump From ????

Who dumped the ram from the phone ???
anyone here do it....
If so can i ask what addresse you started from or what you used to dump it with ??
Old 09-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Ram dump? What exactly are you trying to do? If you are looking for the roms, they are all available already.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

What im trying to do specifically is write directly to the ram at a specific addresse someone was able to dump the whole ram of the phone and upload it to the ppcgeeks ftp...

what im trying to do is unlock the ram in order to write to it...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I think you mean ROM. That's what gets dumped and uploaded.

Also, there's no way to write to the ROM yet as that would mean creating a custom ROM and flashing it. As far as I know, and I am no expert on this matter, you can't just copy things into the ROM at random, it needs to be done by flashing a ROM image file.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

Last edited by Pibe38; 09-24-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Well, technically, you could normally use pdocwrite to write to the rom directly on the phone. However, the mogul does not allow this like many of the other HTC devices do. So, we are stuck trying to find another way.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I am guessing you mean the ram dump that is in my users folder on the FTP. If so yes i did that and i started at 0 and ended at 64mg (using hex offsets) using physical addressing. But as others have asked, i'm curious what it is you want this for?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yes I am talking about that ram dump. Mind asking what program you used to unlock the ram in order to start reading it ? I tried all the basic programs CDMA workshop, unicdma, QXDM etc etc to dump it but i always get read errors :S

Basically what i want to do is test to see if it can be CID unlocked this way
like the 6700 using this method
1. Explore phone with QPST (EFS Explorer)
2. copy file NVM\NVM\nvm_htc to Computer
3. Hex edited the string VZW__001, or SPCS_001 or any other operator u currently hv then change the String to SuperCID. (Exactly 8 Character)
4. Copy back the modified file to device (nvm_htc).
5. Now Reboot
6. Done... U will be able to flash any rom and any operator rom u like.

it would work... Problem with the 6800 obvously is that the NVM folder is locked and unviewable through bitpim, or qpst, qxdm etc...

So i thought of poking at the ram memory directly...

Knowing the addrese of SPCS_001 and changing it to SuperCID then going from there...

if this doesnt make sense to you let me know
Old 09-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
for what you want to do you either need a patched bootloader that makes it think it's supercid or we need access to the actually radio memory not the RAM that i dumped. Feel free to look at it and dig around, but i don't think it will do exactly what you want. I used a tool that is made for loading linux on devices for the actual dump i didn't need to do any unlocking for the ram

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan