PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How do I remove the system tray? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8975)

vman51 09-24-2007 01:28 AM

How do I remove the system tray?

Well, long story short, I want to remove the battery icon in my system tray. I'm unsure how it got there, whether it be a program I added or if its stock.

These are the programs that are installed (I already searched for options in all of these):
HTC Home
HTC Audio Manager
HTC Home Customizer
Card Export II
Resco registry
Resco file explorer
Google Maps
Pocket Wake Up
LVM Time

I tried to look up some registry tweaks for it, but I the one I found didnt do anything:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\Power]
"ShowIcon"=dword:00000000

Any advice?

hAvAAck 09-24-2007 06:57 AM

I'm pretty sure HHC adds it

jamesus 09-24-2007 02:46 PM

By default, the system tray is not shown with the Mogul. It is most likely a program that adds this.

vman51 09-24-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hAvAAck (Post 91972)
I'm pretty sure HHC adds it

I checked in all the options, I can't seem to find it :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesus (Post 92138)
By default, the system tray is not shown with the Mogul. It is most likely a program that adds this.

I think so too, but I can't find the program that added it, nor a method to remove it

jamesus 09-24-2007 04:43 PM

try removing the stuff you have on your today screen and see if that is the case

divxrippimp 09-24-2007 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try to install this then uninstall it...
It activates the system tray which im sure is a reg thing...
so maybe if you install it and uninstall it, it will go away?

jamesus 09-24-2007 05:52 PM

Depends. For example, I don't have the system try, but when I use Palringo, it automatically minimizes to the system try...

eatyourkix 09-24-2007 06:27 PM

It must be Palringo... *edit* - I see now that you don't have Palringo. So maybe it's one of those other programs (seems like that's the most logical solution). I would uninstall them one by one to see which one it is.

I went to the Sprint store today to ask about some Wi-Fi problems and when I was comparing my Mogul to the guy's that was helping me, there was a battery icon in the system tray. Mine doesn't have it and I was wondering why not; he, too, was confused as to why that was the case. He definitely had Palringo installed (along with about 100 other apps) and I do not. That is likely the reason.

vman51 09-25-2007 02:39 AM

I found the fix, and it was a stupid mistake that I should have realized earlier..

when I made that registry change (the one i listed in my original post), it apparantly didnt get written into the registry..i made the change, then went on with my business, and i guess some app changed the registry back..

then i changed the registry and did a soft reset afterwords, and it went right back to 1 (which makes the tray appear)

then i made the reg change and waited a few minutes, then did a soft reset and it fixed the problem..

thanks for all the replies :)