PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

DataDr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you change the Voice Dial button sound?

I have the sprint Mogul 6800 and want to change the chirp sound that is played when I press the Voice Dial button. I have the Star Trek communicator sound file that I want to use.

I have successfully changed the slider sounds to Star Trek doors, but just can’t find what file is played when you press the Voice Dial button or how to change the file that’s played.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Thumbs up Star Trek Communicator You Geek !!

I almost scraped up the EXISTING Instructions on how to do this for you and pasted them here as a response just to get you to upload your Star Trek Mp3's. Yes Im a geek too ....But I went with Transformer. sounds.

Also I'm new here so I could have used the Rep Points for the simple Copy & Paste job to answer your question but then You wouldn't learn to Search for your own answers which by the way exist in over five threads in this forum alone... I could have cleaned up the references in the postings I used and noted my personal experience with these UGLY little free registry editors they apparently have for PPCs and recommended one and gave you a line or created an upload but... well..... Happy hunting...

Perhaps the Moderators will rep me for the admonition on searching versus asking blindly ... Hint Hint ...
Old 01-07-2008, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oooo I apologize

I mistook this for the slider sound question that I used to change my slider sound...however this appears to be a registry edit...Last night I used some info from pocketpcaddict.com to locate the correct registry key to make my default ring tone louder

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0
I'm not looking at my registry now but I believe its

in there.... OR
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\--initial volume or something ...

in there

I forget which .. but it OH So worked !!!!! no more quiet mogul and missed calls from ringer being too quiet,,,, It plays the fanfare from Final Fantasy Advent Children !!! Friggin LOUDLY !! yea I bumped up the MP3 first but still the mogul was quiet...

theres also a key for speaker.. It appears to be speaker volume..I set it up higher but it seemed "dangerous' on the speaker ( might damage it) so I only adjusted the ring vol .. I say all this to say theres got to be a value for which tone is selected for Voice command.. I'm curious now as well ....since I've run into the star trek "Communicator" Sound and that would rock for voice dialing... If..excuse me When I figure it out I'll post here ...
of course if you have done it or beat me to it please post here as well...
Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

No News

Still Looking
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Unhappy Found it-- sort of

Bad news its a midi file.....

I figured out that its the same ugly sound used for Start Recording for creating a voice tag... so I located that in the reg :

\\\registry\HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\VRecBeg\

and the file name is "Sound" and its contents read, "rec tart.mid"
I'm guessing thats a type-o but I'm giving it to you just as it says in the original File.....the compliment key for VRecEnd has a value of RecEnd.mid

So I haven't changed anything yet because I did a.... find files *.mid and could not locate either midi file.. in Regular drive nor in registry...
I found a few but not the ones listed here....
Like I said the above reference is a STRING value in a key named Sound...

perhaps someone else might be of assistance here ???

I tried... do I get rep points for a valiant attempt ??

Last edited by ChristianProgrammer; 01-10-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: type-o
Old 01-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Post the sound you want. I'll convert it to .mid
Old 01-13-2008, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thanks im good but IIll keep that in mind if I ever find out how to place the file since I can't locate what this key represents
Old 03-11-2008, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: How do you change the Voice Dial button sound?

Might the great DCD or someone of that caliber know how to correctly create the key and place the file..... I couldn't locate the file... or I'd just try it blindly .....
Old 03-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How do you change the Voice Dial button sound?

actually, the OP hasnt even logged into the board since September of last year, so I dont think he's really worried about finding the answer now!

this could be a rom dependent setting also, different roms could use different sounds/ reg entries to accomplish this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan