PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to to0
Huge favor from Alltel PPC6800 owners...

Could somebody with an Alltel PPC6800 with WM6 installed please post an SPB Backup? It's really easy--install a CAB, run the program, take a backup, and post the executable backup that is generated. There is a free trial if you go to http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products...up&name=backup and click on "I agree."

A backup from a device that has just been hard reseted would be preferable as it would not contain any personal information.

In case anyone is worried about my intentions, all I want to do is completely clear out Sprint's settings on my Mogul and replace them with Alltel's to avoid Power Vision.

Thank you.

*edit: It looks like a full backup would be pretty big, somewhere around 12MB. This is still preferable, but I suppose that just a registry backup would suffice. This can be accomplished by running the program, choosing "Custom Backup," uncheck everything except for "System Data," click on "System Data" and hit "Options," and then uncheck everything except for "Backup Registry." Just a registry backup should be under 2MB.

Last edited by to0; 09-23-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
How would this work since you have a Sprint device? PRL's, Logs, everything would be Alltel's?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kasracer is a n00b
Stupid. Just do a hard reset, then a soft reset before the customization starts and nothing from Sprint is installed.

I have no idea why you're trying to "avoid" power vision... that's just Sprint's data...
Old 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0
I don't think it'll restore the PRL, but if it does, changing it back manually wouldn't be a problem. And the Alltel branding wouldn't bother me too bad, either, since Cricket is my provider and the Sprint logos aren't all tht applicable anyway.

And this isn't stupid. Soft resetting before Sprint's customizations doesn't prevent the settings that are hardcoded into the ROM. And I don't want Power Vision because it messes up my incoming MMS messages.

Last edited by to0; 09-23-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
Stupid. Just do a hard reset, then a soft reset before the customization starts and nothing from Sprint is installed.

I have no idea why you're trying to "avoid" power vision... that's just Sprint's data...
hey idiot, maybe you should make sure you know what you're talking about before you call someone stupid. soft reset on clear does not remove IOTA or add MMS capabilities to the Sprint handset.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
I know how to make a backup... but i dont get why you want one? this thread is confusing... lol
Old 09-24-2007, 02:54 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
If one more person posts an insult on this thread we will have to bring the banning hammer out of its case...

Please behave and respect other posters.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
I know how to make a backup... but i dont get why you want one? this thread is confusing... lol

Divx,

There are quite a few of us who have sprint 6800's reprogrammed to work with cricket. However, the sprint phone does not have "real" picture messaging. Their pics are delivered via MMS with a link to the powervision mms website. Their phone has something which is blocking the delivery of MMS messages if you install the MMS application. We're currently trying to figure out why/how those messages are blocked.

Since there are no custom rom's for this phone yet, the next best option is to try and override the sprint branding by "copying and pasting" alltel's registry into the phone.

Thanks for your question. We appreciate the help and responses from this community. We're definitely "fringe" members of the community, and we really value the help from everyone, especially because many of the "helpers" have no idea about the hurdles we're up against, yet willingly contribute to our cause.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
o... thats pretty bad ass... but i have a sprint phone... sorry guys or i would strait post up a backup for you now...
Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b
this sounds interesting. good luck with the work to find how sprint has blockedd mms, im definitely looking forward to this, gps, rev a, and sprint tv.. wow this phone is crippled...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan