PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Mogul Freezes When Backlight Off

Hi,
I've had this problem for awhile now, and can't seem to find out how to fix it.

My mogul works awesome, when it does.

This is what happens...

Pretend it is 1:15 and I turn my back light off by hitting the power button. At 1:30 or anytime after 1:15, I will hit my power button back on to check my phone. The screen turns on, I still see 1:15 for about 1 second, then it goes to the current time, 1:30. If I got a text message/phone call/alarm during this time my phone was "frozen" when the back light was off, I will miss it. As soon as I hit the power button, I will get the missed calls/alarms/texts/etc.

Now, what the heck?! I did a hard reset, thinking I might have messed up my phone some time, but it is doing it again.

The problem is sporadic, but it does it a lot !

It is so frustrating, please help. I explained the best I could!

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
I doubt this is the problem, but have you tried to update your phone to the latest ROM? There's a sticky at the top of this forum regarding the new ROM version. I highly doubt it's an issue with the older ROM because the new one only fixes the Sprint Music Store but I was thinking that reloading/updating the ROM in your phone may help. It's worth a try. Download the ROM and reload it into your phone and then do a hard reset after the ROM updates. Then, on the first boot, soft reset the phone before the customizations run so it doesn't load any of the Sprint Junk. If the phone still does this, you may have to exchange it for a new one or have it repaired.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

riviera is a n00b
I was just thinking about this after I replied to your post on xda. I have the same problem sometimes, and this is exactly the reason, even though I love my mogul, I wouldn't reccomend it to ANYONE. I can't imagine having to apologize about all the common everyday shit, that would be a given, that just doesn't always come through. Is your phone plugged in when this happens? If my phone is plugged in, my alarm works like 60 % of the time. Again, I love my mogul, but wtf? How in the hell is the level of performance in terms of function reliability, even remotely acceptable. Considering how well the alarm works, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't even have an alarm. Its bullshit.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

so does anyone else have this problem? is it a reported problem? what to call it specifically? it happened overnight to me....and my alarm didn't go off until i press the power button to turn the backlight back on...
Old 09-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

coach_r1 is a n00b
I had this same problem and started to remove each software until it stopped and found that my problem was caused by one program. I noticed it with an Iphone keypad program and the eight button connection manager. But try removing what you have on the phone one by one and then wou will know which one is your problem. I hope this helps.

Last edited by coach_r1; 09-24-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff
It does not have to do with any program you have installed on the phone... My phone did this with no programs on it. I think it has to do with tower syncing but I am not certain. I have read a couple of threads about this issue and I think it is linked to the alarm not working when charging (there is a work around for this) this is my only gripe about the phone I hope someone will figure out a fix for it.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah.. i did a hard reset.. and it happened soon after that.. i think i had a few programs on it.. i can't figure out why it does it.. it does it in and out of the charger-- before and after a soft reset.. and only once in a while... but it happens enough to complain about.. it ruins the mogul for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan