\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   can't voice dial from BT :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8918)

holo 09-22-2007 02:16 PM

can't voice dial from BT :(

so I have looked all over and haven't seen this problem mentioned... this just started to happen when I installed the new rom (was working fine beforehand with both the default voice dial and MS voice command)...

I haven't been able to voice dial at all from my bluetooth headset, I hold the button down and it beeps and makes the 'connected' noise but no voice dialing activates at all... this was true of both the default sprint one that is on there and MS voice command 1.6... both work fine from the voice dial hardkey...

is there a setting somewhere that is wrong? or a registry entry? I'm pulling my hair out and I really don't want to hard reset...

Big D5 09-23-2007 08:18 AM

Try start settings personal tab/chose Voice speed dial/settings tab/ chose enable voice speed dial.

mbartels 01-01-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holo (Post 91302)
so I have looked all over and haven't seen this problem mentioned... this just started to happen when I installed the new rom (was working fine beforehand with both the default voice dial and MS voice command)...

I haven't been able to voice dial at all from my bluetooth headset, I hold the button down and it beeps and makes the 'connected' noise but no voice dialing activates at all... this was true of both the default sprint one that is on there and MS voice command 1.6... both work fine from the voice dial hardkey...

is there a setting somewhere that is wrong? or a registry entry? I'm pulling my hair out and I really don't want to hard reset...

I'm having this exact same issue using a bluetooth headset as well as the wired one that came with the phone. They both worked last week and now won't. I do have voice speed dial activated as it works great when I use the button on the phone.

Ideas? I would really appreciate some help.

Ncruze 04-10-2008 03:00 AM

Re: can't voice dial from BT :(

Let me know also if you guys come up on anything

digitalonellc 04-25-2008 12:32 AM

this is also happening to me, I press the headset button, and the microphone appears onscreen, and it WILL work if you say a command, I just dont get the DING sound, checked and in sounds the notifications are still on.

Elements604 04-25-2008 04:33 AM

I had the exact same problems with my jabra 8040 untill I changed the registry.

In troubleshooting VC 1.6 I had to do the following:
Using registry editor navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Au dioGateway

On this key, look for the value BTAGExtModule.
Make sure the string there is something like: \Program Files\Voice Command\vcbthag.dll (If its not write down the existing one if you ever have to roll back to the original value).
The vcbthag.dll (and registry change) is installed by VC 1.6. My vcbthag.dll never got copied into the \Program Files\Voice Command directory when I installed VC on a storage card.
I had to copy the dll file over from the PC to the Tilt using active sync
I also had to change
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Au dioGateway\
SupportCLI from a 0 to a 1.
Power Off soft-reset and its been working ever since.

Jman883 04-25-2008 01:51 PM

Elements604 thanks for the fix.

vcbthag.dll was already installed in my vc folder. I applied the changes as you indicated. Now it is working. I do have an issue with the loudness of the vc voice, she is very hard to hear. when on a call everything is fine.
Do you know of a voice fix for the voice confirmation?

thanks

sandiegodude 04-25-2008 02:41 PM

i've read that the voice confirmation works well with wm6.1. which os ver are you running?

Jman883 04-27-2008 12:20 PM

Running 6.1. the voice is so quiet I cant hear it when driving using blue tooth ear piece.