PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ram Dump From ???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8900)

amoamare 09-22-2007 04:36 AM

Ram Dump From ????

Who dumped the ram from the phone ???
anyone here do it....
If so can i ask what addresse you started from or what you used to dump it with ??

colonel 09-22-2007 10:45 AM

Ram dump? What exactly are you trying to do? If you are looking for the roms, they are all available already.

amoamare 09-24-2007 01:51 PM

What im trying to do specifically is write directly to the ram at a specific addresse someone was able to dump the whole ram of the phone and upload it to the ppcgeeks ftp...

what im trying to do is unlock the ram in order to write to it...

Pibe38 09-24-2007 02:26 PM

I think you mean ROM. That's what gets dumped and uploaded.

Also, there's no way to write to the ROM yet as that would mean creating a custom ROM and flashing it. As far as I know, and I am no expert on this matter, you can't just copy things into the ROM at random, it needs to be done by flashing a ROM image file.

colonel 09-24-2007 03:28 PM

Well, technically, you could normally use pdocwrite to write to the rom directly on the phone. However, the mogul does not allow this like many of the other HTC devices do. So, we are stuck trying to find another way.

ImCoKeMaN 09-25-2007 01:19 AM

I am guessing you mean the ram dump that is in my users folder on the FTP. If so yes i did that and i started at 0 and ended at 64mg (using hex offsets) using physical addressing. But as others have asked, i'm curious what it is you want this for?

amoamare 09-25-2007 09:51 AM

Yes I am talking about that ram dump. Mind asking what program you used to unlock the ram in order to start reading it ? I tried all the basic programs CDMA workshop, unicdma, QXDM etc etc to dump it but i always get read errors :S

Basically what i want to do is test to see if it can be CID unlocked this way
like the 6700 using this method
1. Explore phone with QPST (EFS Explorer)
2. copy file NVM\NVM\nvm_htc to Computer
3. Hex edited the string VZW__001, or SPCS_001 or any other operator u currently hv then change the String to SuperCID. (Exactly 8 Character)
4. Copy back the modified file to device (nvm_htc).
5. Now Reboot
6. Done... U will be able to flash any rom and any operator rom u like.

it would work... Problem with the 6800 obvously is that the NVM folder is locked and unviewable through bitpim, or qpst, qxdm etc...

So i thought of poking at the ram memory directly...

Knowing the addrese of SPCS_001 and changing it to SuperCID then going from there...

if this doesnt make sense to you let me know

ImCoKeMaN 09-25-2007 12:49 PM

for what you want to do you either need a patched bootloader that makes it think it's supercid or we need access to the actually radio memory not the RAM that i dumped. Feel free to look at it and dig around, but i don't think it will do exactly what you want. I used a tool that is made for loading linux on devices for the actual dump i didn't need to do any unlocking for the ram