PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 vzn

penzoom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats dif htc Titan/utStarcom xv6800?

As you can tell from the ? I'm new. I have a vzw xv6800 (UTStarcom/HTC) and have seen many posts for Titan, Mogal, PPC6800, but not many for the utstarcom/audiovox xv6800. Are these similar models, can I trust that if a post for a Titan will work for a utstarcom xv6800? kinda confusing
Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Whats dif htc Titan/utStarcom xv6800?

They are all the same PPC..... HTC calls it the Titan, Sprint calls it a Mogul, XV 6800 is Verizon's model.
Same way the Touch,Vogue,6900 are the same PPC...................

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-27-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Right, all the cabs, exe's, etc. hosted here (in the titan forum at least) are compatible between the mogul, titan, and xv6800. its all basically the same hardware under the hood, just different phone cases. cheers
Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just be weary of the "sprint" only stuff. Telus P4000 is also a TITA100.

-CC
Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 vzn
Threadstarter

penzoom is a n00b

Thanks everyone for the replies, my next venture is to add a touch stylus-less app (Finger Scrolling). Any suggestions ... I have kinda looked at FtouchFlo, but not sure if it will work with the verizon xv6800?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800/Mogul

cycomachead is just getting started

If you've looked at UTStarcom's site there are actually 2 models of the HTC Titan. They are the PPC6800 and the XV6800. I'm not sure who designed what part.

So they are the same phone except with a different case. The Mogul is the PPC flavor and has a round 5 way pad with different shaped (I think bigger..) buttons.

Verizon has the XV6800 sold as the XV6800. Bell in Canada is the only other carrier I know to have the XV flavor.

Meanwhile, the PPC6800 is sold as the Mogul (all gray, sprint) and with gray and black on Alltel (which I think looks good.) And gray on Qwest not to mention a few others. Oh and the P400 is one of HTC's names which Telus uses which I believe is a PPC flavor.

As far as software goes I'm pretty sure the phones all identify themselves as the the TITA100.

http://www.utstar.com/pcd/view_phone...&bID=76&sAct=0

http://www.utstar.com/pcd/view_phone...&bID=89&sAct=0

The sad thing is that the is little indication that the devices are made by HTC or even UTStar except for the battery and sometimes the battery cover.

But in a nutshell they are the same.

Last edited by cycomachead; 04-28-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nuelo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by penzoom View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies, my next venture is to add a touch stylus-less app (Finger Scrolling). Any suggestions ... I have kinda looked at FtouchFlo, but not sure if it will work with the verizon xv6800?
The best stylus-free finger friendly app is Spb Mobile Shell 2.0, in my opinion. Of course, you have to pay for it but it is totally worth it.
Radio Version: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL 2.47
"To copy ideas from one person is plagiarism. To copy ideas from many people is research."
Old 04-28-2008, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomachead View Post
If you've looked at UTStarcom's site there are actually 2 models of the HTC Titan. They are the PPC6800 and the XV6800. I'm not sure who designed what part.

So they are the same phone except with a different case. The Mogul is the PPC flavor and has a round 5 way pad with different shaped (I think bigger..) buttons.

Verizon has the XV6800 sold as the XV6800. Bell in Canada is the only other carrier I know to have the XV flavor.

Meanwhile, the PPC6800 is sold as the Mogul (all gray, sprint) and with gray and black on Alltel (which I think looks good.) And gray on Qwest not to mention a few others. Oh and the P400 is one of HTC's names which Telus uses which I believe is a PPC flavor.

As far as software goes I'm pretty sure the phones all identify themselves as the the TITA100.

http://www.utstar.com/pcd/view_phone...&bID=76&sAct=0

http://www.utstar.com/pcd/view_phone...&bID=89&sAct=0

The sad thing is that the is little indication that the devices are made by HTC or even UTStar except for the battery and sometimes the battery cover.

But in a nutshell they are the same.
Check the label under the battery "HTC Innovation"...

-CC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan