PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vibrating Keys Trap!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8860)

traketo 09-22-2007 11:44 AM

buttons don't press down

My buttons also don't press down, is there a fix for this also? The only one the press down (aka changes button color when pressed) is the back button. I don't wanna do a hard reset.

Also I've tried changing the registry like you said, but after a soft-reset, the values go back to the way it was before !!

Thanks.

wkladis 09-22-2007 12:40 PM

All the values worked for me, except # and *. Mobile Registry Editor said 0000000A wasn't a valid value when trying to create a new DWORD. If I modify the existing DWORD, it accepts the value, but doesn't fix the tone. Any advice?

eb3604 09-22-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traketo (Post 91257)
My buttons also don't press down, is there a fix for this also? The only one the press down (aka changes button color when pressed) is the back button. I don't wanna do a hard reset.

Also I've tried changing the registry like you said, but after a soft-reset, the values go back to the way it was before !!

Thanks.

what buttons are you talking about? the progress screen?

Don't soft reset after changing reg values. the changes wont be put into rom and they are erased when soft resetting. turn it off then back on

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkladis (Post 91271)
All the values worked for me, except # and *. Mobile Registry Editor said 0000000A wasn't a valid value when trying to create a new DWORD. If I modify the existing DWORD, it accepts the value, but doesn't fix the tone. Any advice?

make sure your entering the values in hex. not decimal.

wkladis 09-22-2007 03:56 PM

Mobile Registry Editor wouldn't allow me to set an option hex, binary or decimal, so I used PHM and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your help!

SINNN 09-22-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ncruze (Post 91135)
Hard Reset..here i come! Thanx alot EB

LOL! I liked this .cab file. I dont miss the sounds.. i rather had tactical feedback. But yes.. sorry for the issues it has cause some of you.

Ncruze 09-22-2007 09:42 PM

Okay guys, now im available to help being that i started the thread and it was my proble. I hard reseted after screwing up the whole thing. If you have a mogul im going to give you the default registries on mine..Put it in the way you see it, it should work for this is the default settings.

Category= Feedback
Script= p
Sound= 0(00000000) This is for the number 0

Category= Feedback
Script= p
Sound= 1(0X000001) This is for the number 1

Category= Feedback
Script= p
Sound= 2(0X000002) This is for the number 2

and so on..you get the drift. your "Ending" should be...

Category= InCallFeedback
Script= p
Sound= Midi2Wave_079_4098.wav

rijc99 09-23-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SINNN (Post 91097)
Wow... I surprised you guys didn't like this. I personally love it a lot. Feels good to get some feedback. Just leave it for about a week and you will see wha I mean.

The vib lasts too long. When I'm dialing a number... by the time one vib finishes I'm usually half way through dialing.

What I'd like is if the vib were as long as the one you get when you soft reset.

jtrag 09-23-2007 06:26 AM

This is why you always to a FULL backup of your phone before you install new apps and experiment. That way, if something goes wrong, you can restore from the backup and have your phone the way it was before you 'tweaked' it and screwed it up. SPB Backup is a great program for doing this. It saves a lot of time when something happens to your phone and you need to hard reset/reinstall. Just a thought :)

media58 06-24-2008 02:29 PM

Re: Vibrating Keys Trap!!!

I ran through your uninstall instructions. The sounds come back for one press then there is no sound again. In the registry, the Sound name is changing to: \Windows\dpadctl.mid all dialer buttons. Can you tell me what's wrong? I appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eb3604 (Post 90945)
hmm sorry. I just ported it over to the mogul. I assumed the 6700 one was perfect.

just looked in the registry. it doesn't change the values back. Will make a fix today.

hmm ok apparently there is no way to delete reg strings with a cab file without making a custom dll. i only have vc++ express, so I can't use the wince sdk. So here is the manual fix. make sure your registry looks like this. aka. add the sound dword

courtesy Pdaphonehome post