PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Sure cable & wireless

mad2fly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Direct miniUSB to HTC port adapter?

I was wondering if there is an adapter that would allow me to directly plug my miniUSB charger into the phone without having a place to plug in the headset or that has the 2.5" or even 3.5" headphone adapter.

I travel a lot and just want to keep things light and easy. I don't want a charger that has the direct plug in because I travel with an iGo already. I have the miniUSB tip for it already but couldn't find a tip that plugged right into the phone.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff
Try plugging the mini usb straight into the moguls port bud... they look different but it will fit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started
Wow I seriously overlooked that. I've been using an adapter until now because I thought the plugs wouldn't fit. Thanks for the revelation!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff
ya I was using the adapter until it stopped working with active sync... the contacts in the plug bent after a while, the phone will charge but active sync will not connect.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Sure cable & wireless
Threadstarter

mad2fly is a n00b
Thank you for the idea. I'm not sure if I like the square peg in a round hole method. The connection seems looser. I would like an actual straight through adapter.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
There is no need for any adapters. The phone is designed to be charged via a standard 5-pin USB connection. The special connection is only there for the headset and is completely unnecessary for charging the phone. I'm not sure why they even bothered to give the included charger the non-standard end, as it makes no difference.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan