PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eb3604 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
skins for paul's dialer

alright kids, here is the black and silver dialer.

umm ok first to install. You must have Paul's dialer installed first. Go to PDAphonehome to download it.
put the cab on your phone. Install, then it will prompt you to reboot. viola! (I'm expecting something to go wrong, because the smart dialer graphics are built into the Rom for some dumb reason. The new ones might not overwrite the old ones. if so, just post here and I will instruct further)

Second. This cab has the new dll which makes your landscape buttons bigger. read below for more info. So if you don't use smartdialing and use landscape mode, either A. don't install this. B. start using smartdialing, C. use portrait mode, or D. Post here and beg for me to make a landscape skin with the original size buttons.

Third. I don't know. I'm tired so I'm going to bed. Post here with any problems, questions, comments, etc.

will post the other cabs in the next few days
Attached Files
File Type: zip RAF Black Silver Dialer.zip (135.3 KB, 251 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by eb3604; 09-21-2007 at 03:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

eb3604 is just getting started
1. Does anyone use the landscape dialer? When Paul resized the buttons in the dll, he based them off of the original touch sizes i guess. Anyway, the buttons for the portrait are 78x35px. The buttons for the landscape are 90x28. I went into the DLL and resized the landscape buttons to 90x35. It makes the buttons easier to press, and makes it easier for me to skin it. But does anyone care about this? Smart dial still works for landscape, but if people don't use smart dial and use landscape, the number dialed won't appear. (it will be beneath the erase button and blue window)

So I guess I could make 2 cabs, one with the regular landscape buttons, and one with the bigger landscape buttons. Although that would be a total pain.

2. The dialer's buttons and coordinates for their locations are in a DLL. In the one that Sprint uses, there is only coordinates for the dialer screens, not the progress screens.
Read the posts from me and Paul on PDAphonehome for more info on that. The layout for the progress buttons are small, and unevenly spaced. See below.

So I could A. skin the progress screen like it is right now with the touch dialer. Though the pngs for when you press down a progress key will be off and it will look weird. or B. I can use the actual coordinates and make the buttons their actual sizes. Like below.

Sorry this is really wordy. I'm just like that I guess. If it doesnt make sense just tell me and i can try to condense it.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I really like the majority of the first post's skins. How / where would we put these, and can we have numbers put on the 3rd one? Or will the cab take car eof all of that?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b
Dude, that black and silver one is D-diddly DOPE! Cab those bad boys up, brah!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Mogul

mosttoyswins is a n00b
+1 on the black and silver one!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Yeah I put the black and silver one on earlier this evening and it looks soooo good, really like it a lot.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Mogul

mosttoyswins is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Yeah I put the black and silver one on earlier this evening and it looks soooo good, really like it a lot.

How did you install it, is there a cab somewhere else or do you know a trick I dont know?

Do tell, I want that skin.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Well you should just wait for the cab he's making but if you want a quick taste you can do this but it's a little work, but you will be smarter afterwards and it will give you a basic Idea of how to use other skins......
There's a lot more complicated intricate work going into making these skins we owe a big thanks to eb3604. Thanks

Well I already had Paul Hammons dialer installed and eb3604's "touch style cab" from Pdaphone installed from the following.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html

and

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post655902

then just right clicked and save the skin from his post on Pdaphone

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post659771

Save to pc and then change the name to dialer_bkgdp.png then copy this file to your phone in... device\phoneskin

Then you may also need to add these 2 buttons to the Phoneskin folder too, I did anyways "arrow and call history"
Open this post and save each button from this post.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post659804

and transfer them to the phoneskin folder.

Soft reset, this just does the first main phone skin. But it looks Great......

Last edited by Primenall; 09-20-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
the black is sweeeeet! I look forward to it. If anything I prefer even more black and not gray in it at all. Thanks for the work and sharing your efforts.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b
Absolutely AWESOME, eb! Thanks for sharing, man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan