PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 06:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 - Verizon Stock Rom
Carrier: Verizon

csciguy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to csciguy
Unhappy Replacement Phone Locks with White Screen with Custom ROM

I am not new to builidn a custom rom. I've done it on my 6700's and even the replacement ones. I just recently gotten a replacment on my 6800. I built the rom using BuildOS. However, after using my phone for a while and pushing to the power button to turn off the screen, when I turn it back on, a majority of the screen turns white. Like part of an application that didn't close remains. I can see part of the today screen on the right side(border) Since I use the locking ability when I have to press UNLOCK on the softkey and then press UNLOCK on the screen. It won't allow me to. It just flashes. I do notice however before this starts to happen that when I type SMS that the text starts disappearing even though I am still typing and when I click send what I typed shows up on the Thread. Also where it display "Loading message" on the gray staus bar, it keeps that displayed there. The phone gets really slow and won't respond. Normally use Slick and SMS when this happens. I just have to do a soft reset. I don't know what is causing it. Can there be some defect with the acutally phone causing errors? Or is the Arcsoft I selected in BuildOS causing this? Any suggestions?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Replacement Phone Locks with White Screen with Custom ROM

Not sure what build # you are using, but yes the arcosoft in some builds there was a problem(don't remember which) I just left them out and one can install via cab.

I guess the question here would first be.

1. Does it do it with stock rom?
2. Does it do it with any custom rom.(meaning yours or one of the ones posted)

If you have already tried this and it still does it(even with back to stock) then you know what is wrong. Get another replacement.

Can't recall anything right off the top, but I will ck any notes I have(there are alot) lol

Also for grins. post your spl and radio versions.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 - Verizon Stock Rom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

csciguy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to csciguy

Thanks for the response. Here is some of my phone info:
Windows Mobile 6.1
No2Chem
Rom ver: 3.08.666.1
Radio: 3.42.30
PRI: 2.03_002

What I have notice is that I didn't receive or use my SMS/MMS/Email "Messaging" at all the rest of the day and my phone didn't lock up. If it is arcsoft will I have to do another build? I don't believe I can just install an older version on top of it.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan