PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Replaced Mogul dimmer? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8804)

SINNN 09-20-2007 02:39 AM

Replaced Mogul dimmer?

Ok.. I got a warranty replacement Mogul and I have a issue with it. Its not refurbished and its the new batch because it does not have the Pocket PC print on the front. My issue is if I enter the screen brightness control and set the level all the way down then the screen backlight shut off completely. I know for a fact tghis should not happen because my First Mogul when I set the level all the way down the light did not go off but went very dim. Also my GF has a Mogul and hers dont shut down completely too. It just dims very low just like my first Mogul. This is affecting the overal brightness of the screen because if I set this new mogul next to my GF mogul her screen is clearly brighter by one notch. Has anyone come across this issue? Did i get a lemon?

SINNN 09-20-2007 03:44 AM

anyone got suggestion?

luv2chill 09-20-2007 04:12 AM

Compare all the versions in Settings->Device Information between yours and your GF's moguls. Is everything the same?

SINNN 09-20-2007 04:18 AM

All completely the same. Rom updated, hard reseted, I even backed up her settings and restored it on my mogul and it was like her ohone but the backlight still shut off instead of dimming. Also.. the light has a slight yellow tint to it. Could it be bad? And it doesnt go as bright as hers or my friends. Its like a notch dimmer.

luv2chill 09-20-2007 11:41 AM

Best thing to do would be to get some reports from other users here who have the new hardware revision (that lacks the "Pocket PC" logo on the front). Also, it would be cool to hear from Alltel, Bell Mobility and Verizon users (when/if they ever get it ;)) to see if their backlight has the same behavior.

To clarify, what we are talking about is the 6800's backlight never truly turning off--instead it goes to a very dim setting after 30 seconds (or whatever you have the backlight timeout set to). Would be great to hear some reports to make sure that all versions of the 6800 show this behavior.

scottishwarrior 09-20-2007 02:32 PM

Mine does not go completely dark, can still see the screen. That's both manually and the automatic dimming. The light is white, not yellow. I have an alltel 6800 from the first distribution and have updated to WM6. It was the same prior to updating.

Jay

SINNN 09-20-2007 02:53 PM

luv2chill. you said it best! Thats my issue. And yes my light is a bit tinted yellow. Not the night hologen white. I confirmed it with all possible solutions, hard reset, reg copy of a good mogul, complete copy of a good mogul backup and installed it and still there. So i went back to the store today and they said yes thats a little unusual. So they agreed to get me another warranty replacement. but now I have to wait about a week or 2. :( So far I have talked to about 8 mogul users, 4 have the "Pocket PC" and 4 don't have the Pocket pc print. And they all tell me theirs never shuts off completely. It dims out only. And their light is white with no hint of yellow to it. I tried everything i can think of to make it work but no success. Now I will prey my next replacement will not have this issue. otherwise I stuck with a different screen? ANd it SUKS!!!!!!!

SINNN 09-20-2007 02:54 PM

Could thios be the begining of a new screen Sprint decided to switch too? I hope not. i will let you know next week. :(

mossolb 09-20-2007 09:59 PM

First time posting but I'll just say my Mogul without the "Pocket PC" on front dims correctly and has the white hologen color, if this would help with anyone else the mfgr date was Jun 23, 2007 in EPST.

Primenall 09-20-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mossolb (Post 90636)
First time posting but I'll just say my Mogul without the "Pocket PC" on front dims correctly and has the white hologen color, if this would help with anyone else the mfgr date was Jun 23, 2007 in EPST.

Thanks mossolb,
Just want to get it straight....so when you go to settings/system/backlight and them dim it down to the lowest it's still on just really dim?