PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Maybe you can talk with the guy that has the same problem and compare serial numbers. Under the battery check out the first three digits of the serial number (not either of the two ESNs). Mine starts with 718, meaning it was manufactured the 18th week of 2007.

Hopefully what this boils down to is a bad batch of LCD screens that affected a few devices made at the same time. If you are seeing devices with a higher serial number that don't have this problem then I think it's just a case of some bad components.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
My lowest dim setting turns the backlight completely off. I have no yellow hue though.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
zdAGGER969.. U R THE 2ND MOGUL WITH THIS ISSUE. U cant see the tint because you never seen a white light mogul. if you compared yours to a mogul with a no turning off backlight you will see a huge difference.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
S/N 730. hmmmmmmmmmm........
Old 09-23-2007, 03:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
I dont know man. My back light is ridiculously bright. In fact, my wallpaper is all white and it looks great. I really dont care, though, if the last stage turns it off. It seems only logical to me. Im going to stick with the whole ignorance is bliss approach on this. Looks white to me; must be white.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Dagger969, reason why i hate this backlight turning off is because i set my light to turn off in 10 sec if not used to seva battery. I use my mogul alot during the day so i need to conserve energy in any way I can. Ok..... so what happens with this mogul is I click on my email and procede to read and on my 3rd sentence the freaking thing turns of. So i have to tap the screen. So then I continue to read... half way down the freaking thing turns of again. Then when I am almost done reading my whole email and I am down to my last sentence... "BAM!"... Off it goes. So I constantly have to tap the screen to light up the screen. Before whn I bough tthis phone it didnt do this and my GF phone doesnt do it either. ANd the sPRINT STORE DEMO PHONE DOES OT DO IT EITHER. SO there is something very odd happening here. I even cloned all the date setting of my GF phone to this thinking theres a reg change somewhere and nope it still turns off. The benefits of the light never dimming completely off is you you can still use the phone while you get distracted for a few secomds or have a long email to read and dont have to worry about tapping the screen to bring it alive again. the 6700 used to be like ths.. it would turen off completely and I used to hate it so I disable that feuture but leading to a faster battery drain.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Best thing to do would be to get some reports from other users here who have the new hardware revision (that lacks the "Pocket PC" logo on the front). Also, it would be cool to hear from Alltel, Bell Mobility and Verizon users (when/if they ever get it ) to see if their backlight has the same behavior.

To clarify, what we are talking about is the 6800's backlight never truly turning off--instead it goes to a very dim setting after 30 seconds (or whatever you have the backlight timeout set to). Would be great to hear some reports to make sure that all versions of the 6800 show this behavior.
ROM date on my Mogul is 6/14/07 with Pocket PC (running Sprint)

My backlight is set to go off in 10 sec. Well, 1st, it does go dim after 10 seconds. At the times it goes back to the Today screen. Then in another 10 seconds, my screen turns completely off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossolb View Post
First time posting but I'll just say my Mogul without the "Pocket PC" on front dims correctly and has the white hologen color, if this would help with anyone else the mfgr date was Jun 23, 2007 in EPST.
mfgr date was Jun 05, 2007 in EPST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Thanks mossolb,
Just want to get it straight....so when you go to settings/system/backlight and them dim it down to the lowest it's still on just really dim?
see 1st comment

It seems like the lowest setting in BACKLIGHT will only cause the screen to go dim; this being tested on 4 different Moguls; each with a different MFGR date.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I just got a new Sprint Mogul for replacement...it has the "blue" backlight as well. Are they returnable? Any way to get a replacement "white" backlight version?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Im for sure returning mines. But my backlight is yellow tinted more than blue. But my reason of returning is really not the backlight color but the backlight shutting off completely is what bothers the hell out of me. Even if I get a refurbished with a non shutting off screen, I will be happy. I will NOT accept that at all. Trust me... they will not hear the end of it if they refuse to fix this.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex View Post
ROM date on my Mogul is 6/14/07 with Pocket PC (running Sprint)

My backlight is set to go off in 10 sec. Well, 1st, it does go dim after 10 seconds. At the times it goes back to the Today screen. Then in another 10 seconds, my screen turns completely off.

mfgr date was Jun 05, 2007 in EPST
Right... that is normal behavior. What you are seeing is the backlight timer and then the battery suspend timer. You can adjust that in the Power control panel. Note that when the screen goes black the device itself is in sleep mode. You can verify that by trying to tap the screen--the device will not turn back on, What SINN is talking about is that the screen goes black while the device is still running (when you are seeing the screen go dim).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan