PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 02:34 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to to0
Is a custom registry on the Mogul possible?

Hello,

I have a Sprint Mogul and a complete backup of an Alltel 6800's registry. I would like to have my registry so that there is no Sprint stuff in it and that all of Alltel's is in it. Is this possible?

Perforing the restore from PHM RegEdit pretty much mixed the two carriers' settings together.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
What Sprint stuff? Care to be more specific?

The registry won't add or remove different applications from your device. If you want to install apps from the Alltel ROM someone needs to extract them from it in order for you to install them.

To avoid all the Sprint customizations on your Mogul, perform a hard reset and when the device comes on for the first time, soft reset before the Sprint customization script starts running.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:05 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I want to remove all of Sprint' IOTA/PCS settings. They're nested deep in the registry, regardless of whether or not I let Sprint's extended ROM install.

I'm using Cricket, which doesn't require any sort of data provisioning, and get an IOTA error about Power Vision not being able to connect everytime I receive an MMS message. I've tried manually adjusting settings to prevent Power from even being triggered, but all to no avail. There are tons of registry entries deling with this and I have no idea how to properly adjust them. Duplicating the registry of another prvider who doesn't redquire provisioning would, I believe, solve the problem nicely.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
You could always delete the Vision connection...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I did delete the connection. A process called HTC_GUARDIAN or something like that kept remaking it, but I disabled that program from startup.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that there's a registry entry somewhere that says to connect to Vision whenever an MMS message arrives, but I don't know which entry this is or how to disable it.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

YH8ME901 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by to0 View Post
I want to remove all of Sprint' IOTA/PCS settings. They're nested deep in the registry, regardless of whether or not I let Sprint's extended ROM install.

I'm using Cricket, which doesn't require any sort of data provisioning, and get an IOTA error about Power Vision not being able to connect everytime I receive an MMS message. I've tried manually adjusting settings to prevent Power from even being triggered, but all to no avail. There are tons of registry entries deling with this and I have no idea how to properly adjust them. Duplicating the registry of another prvider who doesn't redquire provisioning would, I believe, solve the problem nicely.
If you delete IOTA you can send but you cannot recieve....That is if you use a Arcsoft Composer. The only way to do a custom registry is to get the CID unlocked and I personally do not know how to do it. But the custom registry would be the way to get MMS fully working on the Mogul.....

Last edited by YH8ME901; 09-19-2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lol I know how to send. My username on HowardForums is mooingrhinocero. But deleting the IOTA directory really doesn't accomplish anything except provide you with less acknowledgement that you received an MMS.

If you leave that directory intact, your phone will still be able to do everything, but you get an extra error when you receive an MMS. Nifty little find that I stumbled across.

Theoretically, I could manually wipe out the registry, one entry at a time, and then restore Alltel's, but that would be horribly time consuming. There has to be a way to automate this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan