PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smallest BT gps receiver

Any one know whats the smallest BT receiver for the Mogul? Even smaller than the Holux M1200?I pretty much gave up hope for the Mogul to get unlocked GPS. So I want to find the smallest receiver possible so i can glue it to the back of my mogul. Any help?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jaak is a n00b
The Freedom Mini is probably the smallest one I've seen so far:
http://www.freedominput.com/site/ind...d=96&Itemid=81
Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
This one is smaller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=007
and you can get it from that ebay seller with "best offer" (just best offer like 47 bucks, he will accept it, 47+20 shipping) for like 67 OTD...

I have this one and the chipset is insane... i can turn it on in my pocket, in a car, and i have a connection in 25 seconds... its crazy... and has a built in battery... Well worth the moeny...

Last edited by divxrippimp; 09-19-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

pekoe1111 is a n00b
GPS Software for These Units?

What are folks' opinion of the software that comes with these units? Am I correct that this software provides 3D map directions and street maps? Does Google offer both these capabilities?

The Holux looks very cool. How easy is matching it with GoogleMaps?

Thanks!

BB
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
N00b

AJerman is a n00b
That Holux you linked to is the same size as the M-1200 (actually, I think the M-1200 is a TINY bit bigger), however the M-1200 has the MTK chipset so it has a better battery life.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

illusvfyre is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
That Holux you linked to is the same size as the M-1200 (actually, I think the M-1200 is a TINY bit bigger), however the M-1200 has the MTK chipset so it has a better battery life.
The 1200 also tracks 32 satelites where the 240 only tracks 20.....
Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Thxs for all the info. Looks like i like the Freedom more than the m1200. Freedom looks smaller. Can anyone post a picture either of a freedom or a m1200 next with their mogul? then i can really tell the size.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
Thxs for all the info. Looks like i like the Freedom more than the m1200. Freedom looks smaller. Can anyone post a picture either of a freedom or a m1200 next with their mogul? then i can really tell the size.
The Freedom may appear smaller because of the shape, but it was actually a little bigger than the 1200/240 (someone posted the actual 'cubic' volume over on pdaphone) but for what you are planning it's better shaped.

There seems to be some people having trouble pairing up the freedom with the 6800, but it seems to work fine for most.

The 1200/240 are from holux so you know it's quality and backed up with support, if you get the freedom try to get it from a place where you can get help/replacement later on, just in case.

The freedom uses Sirf III which gets less battery life than the 1200 which uses MTK chipset, if you want the Freedom you can get it for $99 shipped (it was $89) they are backordered from that site until the end up Sept, go to pdaphone in the 6800 section for details on the freedom and special pricing.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Almost a VIP

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
the holux is way thinner and alot less wider but is slightly more taller...
and they both Use "SiRF Star III chipset" dont they?

and where did someone get this 32 satellite thing?

Neither of these come with mapping software, but google maps can do a type of tracking, its not really the same as navigation tho. It gives you directions and tracks the car but doesnt do both a the same time, its weird... still works well tho...

But i use Tom Tom which is awesome... but expensive, you can but the holux gps from that guy with tom tom for like 150...
Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Almost a VIP

O what the hell, is the m1200 like a new version of the 240? booooo i want that one now...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan