PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6800
Carrier: Sprint

bnsaflsujt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6800 VZW to Sprint

Hi everyone! First time poster, because this is my first time to actually own a WM phone. My father is giving me his old XV6800 that he used on Verizon, but I am currently stuck in contract with Sprint, so I need to know EXACTLY what I need to do to get this working with Sprint.

For now, all I want is the stock Sprint Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional on the phone. I downloaded the Sprint ROM upgrade from HTC, but I am unsure if this will flash the phone seeing as how it has a VZW rom on it now. So do I need to un-lock, and use a rom, and if so, can someone point me to the rom I am looking for???
Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: XV6800 VZW to Sprint

Not possible unless you violate federal law. And we can't help you with that here. Sprint won't accept the esn number of the Verizon phone.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6800
Threadstarter

bnsaflsujt is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (POLARIS/6.01 (BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; LG; LX265; POLARIS/6.01/WAP) MMP/2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hold on. i thought that as long as the phone was paid off and not in contract it is fine. his phone is paid off and is no longer used on the verizon network. i also know that even though i am under contract Sprint will let me change phones. What federal law am i breaking by using a paid phone? i thought they had laws so you could do that!
Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6900

riceguy is a n00b
Re: XV6800 VZW to Sprint

you have to ask sprint if they will allow you to put it on their network (highly unlikely)

the other route roaming around is against the law.

-i suggest u sell it and buy a mogul for sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan