PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
app development question

so I am planning on building an sms-based aim IM client in C# .net (knowing that there are 6 digit numbers you can sms to for login/start chat/checking status/etc) - I just had some questions on interacting with the SMS system on the phone.... aside from a couple of small apps I've done to familiarize myself with programming for it this will be my first windows mobile app so excuse me if my questions are kinda basic

If this isn't the right site for these kinds of questions (I don't see any other development questions here??) can someone please point me to a proper site?

my main question was in intercepting messages - I have found some information on doing this that seems to interface with outlook. my main question here is will this still be doable using the palm threaded sms app? (ie does it intercept all or bypass this and make this useless?)... Also I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to do the criteria - is it possible to intercept based on the message sender?

if anyone knows the answer to the above question or has some code snippets I could take a look at that either intercept or send messages it would be a GREAT help - or point me to another place that might have more info for me

oh and also does anyone have a solution to the keyboard not working properly in .net apps with the 2.09 sprint rom?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
As far as I know, interception should still pass the message down the chain. You can set a rule for which messages to intercept, then catch your messages, handle them and delete them (if you don't want them showing up to the end user after your app has used them). I'm not totally sure on this, but this was my understanding of it when I briefly glanced at it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/dglover/archiv...26/443227.aspx That's a quick page I had looked at before about interception. It's dated, but should still be relevant, also check out the MSDN pages on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan