PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6800
Carrier: Cricket

GERBER is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"no radio" after flashing cricket rom to sprint ppc6800

Im now sure what exactly happened but this is everything i know for sure. I got a ppc 6800 from my friend ( i think its a mogul ) and it was 100% sprint...EVERYTHING was stock on the phone. my boss told me that he could flash it to cricket for me...blah blah blah. He has the same phone i had and i watched him do flash his over but didnt pay any attention because i was playing with my ppc 6700 ( which he helped me flash to cricket from sprint ). his phone worked fine and so did my 6700, so i trusted him with my new mogul. the next day he gave it back to me stuck in bootloader mode. i ran the program to get it unstuck and put a cricket rom on it. i walked off because i was bored with watching the status bar and came back to find my phone with the windows mobile screen on with " NO RADIO " written on the bottom. I soft reset the phone, and this time it loaded the cricket splash instead of the sprint logo. the next screen gave me the " no radio " error again. Active sync wont recognize the phone anymore, so i'm clueless on how to resolve my issue. I've been reading stuff all day, but i haven't came across anything helpful. i've also extensively googled my problem, but still just dead ends. Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT: rom: RMcricketTitanV1.1Light
BL says: TITA100
SPL-1.20.Olipro

Last edited by GERBER; 09-24-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: "no radio" after flashing cricket rom to sprint ppc6800

Pass us long a little more information. What Cricket ROM and what radio is it flashed to? It sounds like the Cricket ROM and radio are incompatable.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GERBER is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Pass us long a little more information. What Cricket ROM and what radio is it flashed to? It sounds like the Cricket ROM and radio are incompatable.
It's running "6800RMcricketTitanV1.1Light" im not sure of the Radio Version, but my boot screen says:

TITA100
SPL-1.20.Olipro
Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

OK it's the bootloader that is the problem. Olipro 1.2 is for non-GPS radios. Should have used Olipro 2.4. Not sure what the exact fix is. Hang on.

EDIT: This advice comes from the lips of puff so thanks should go to him.

the thing with the titan is that you have the ole' SPL/Radio/ROM mismatch possibility...
here's the deal, you need all GPS capable compents for SPL, Radio, and ROM (or all non-gPS but anyway)

2.40 (or 2.47) SPL, a 3.XX Radio (3.35 or higher if i recall right), and just about any custom ROM

if you can boot into windows on the device then you can install 2.4X SPL
if not, then you need to install non-GPS Radio, non-GPS ROM
then once you can boot into OS, install 2.4X SPL
then you'll need to install GPS Radio, GPS ROM

hope that helps, good luck

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 09-24-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: new information
Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I suggest you flash the stock sprint rom. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/CarrierRoms..._0718_Ship.exe.

If that doesnt work then I will have to run you through a 6.0 install and then an upgrade.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GERBER is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
OK it's the bootloader that is the problem. Olipro 1.2 is for non-GPS radios. Should have used Olipro 2.4. Not sure what the exact fix is. Hang on.

EDIT: This advice comes from the lips of puff so thanks should go to him.

the thing with the titan is that you have the ole' SPL/Radio/ROM mismatch possibility...
here's the deal, you need all GPS capable compents for SPL, Radio, and ROM (or all non-gPS but anyway)

2.40 (or 2.47) SPL, a 3.XX Radio (3.35 or higher if i recall right), and just about any custom ROM

if you can boot into windows on the device then you can install 2.4X SPL
if not, then you need to install non-GPS Radio, non-GPS ROM
then once you can boot into OS, install 2.4X SPL
then you'll need to install GPS Radio, GPS ROM

hope that helps, good luck

Yeah, im not able to get the phone to boot. when i put it into bootloader mode, it wont go back for normal unless i rune the exit_bl program i found. after that it shows the cricket splash screen then goes the the windows mobile htc screen. it sits there for a little bit then give me the no radio message. could you explain the steps in noob terms? im good with this type of stuff, but new to cell phones so i'm maybe 70% sure of what im doing at all times. i have common sense and google pretty much everything, so i wont be THAT annoying.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

First install the following rom and do not let customizations to run after install after it boots.
1. ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...RUU_signed.rar

Then relock the phone. After install verify you have bootloader 1.07 or 1.06( I forget which)
2. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/ImCoK...n_Relocker.exe

Then install this rom and do not let customizations run.
3. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/CarrierRoms..._0718_Ship.exe

Then unlock and install custom using the following tutorial.
4. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

If you need help I can walk you though the steps in chat if I am available.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GERBER is a n00b

ok i should be able to handle that. my hard drive crashed on my comp and i JUST got it running again ....seams lie everything i have is messin up, lol. only one question, how to i install the thing in step1 if my active sync doesnt work with the phone?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Mr. Chevy

Put the phone in bootloader and install. Activesync is not required to install from bootloader. You will need activesync for step 2.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GERBER is a n00b

How to I put the rom onto the phone? it's in Bootloader, but when i open " my computer " and select "mobile device" there are no files in the folder and it wont let me drag the rom into it.

Last edited by GERBER; 09-30-2009 at 06:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan