PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any Mogul camera hacks?

I have searched everywhere and can't find nothing of any kind of worth hacks for the mogul. My main complaint is we need to figure out how to bring up the resolution. the 6700 had a way better camera. Its like the mogul took a step backwards. Like a downgrade. Im praying Ateksoft releases a coolcamera for it since that worked great on the ppc 6700
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

laestrella is a n00b
saw this post at xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=camera+hack
Old 09-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Ohhhh wow! this should be a sticky! Just what I was looking for! Out the box the camera is crippled. This fixes the camera problem. Now.. all we need now is to make this record in 640 by 480. Then we would be up to 6700 specs.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
Consider this a bump, as well as a request to make this a sticky (or at least insert into the helpful posts up top somewhere).
Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
I have searched everywhere and can't find nothing of any kind of worth hacks for the mogul. My main complaint is we need to figure out how to bring up the resolution. the 6700 had a way better camera. Its like the mogul took a step backwards. Like a downgrade. Im praying Ateksoft releases a coolcamera for it since that worked great on the ppc 6700
Oh, are you referring only to video recording?
Because the still camera on this baby is actually pretty sweet... the color is pretty rich, and the resolution at 2mpix is far better than the 6700...
If you spend a second or two to properly adjust your lighting and white balance, it takes some very decent pictures:

These are both unaltered copied directly from the phone (only reduced in size to fit on the screen). I lost my digital camera for a week, and this actually doubled as the family camera for a bit.
Yeah, a real digicam is worlds better quality, but these are totally printable, as opposed to previous HTC phone cams which were mostly just novelty.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC6800

bingcrosby is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Oh, are you referring only to video recording?
Because the still camera on this baby is actually pretty sweet... the color is pretty rich, and the resolution at 2mpix is far better than the 6700...
If you spend a second or two to properly adjust your lighting and white balance, it takes some very decent pictures:
looks great, i'm almost there, turned down all the adjustments to 3, but would you mind posting your settings?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
Yes.... the camera needs tweaking to make the colors good. I tweaked mines like this and it takes killer pictures. Take the camera out of Auto and set it to the little crecent moon. Then in thi middle you have that brightness setting that looks like little bars in the middle, by defaoult its set to 0. I set it to -2. The have a steady hand and shoot. Then your picture will look excellent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan