PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Lurker

ABQNM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul: Cannot Dial 911!!! And other issues...

Hello. I have had my Mogul for about 2 weeks and it is going back. Until now, I have not had any issues calling or receiving calls. I had been able to make every call on the first try. Until I tried to dial 911.

Last night there were 4 girls brutally attacking each other on my front lawn and I attempted to dial 911. I dialed and pressed send and the dialer froze. It remained frozen for about 30 seconds and went back to the today screen. I tried again and it did the same thing. I soft reset the phone and again, it froze upon dialing 911. I then attempted to dial the non-emergency police number and it did the same thing. I ended up calling 911 from my de-activated Moto Q.

Glad my life was not on the line. I am not going to trust this phone now.

Since this incident last night, I have had 6 calls fail, which I had not had in the first 2 weeks I owned it nor with any Sprint phone in the past 2 years. I have had to soft reset the phone 4 times today alone. I cannot enter calendar appointments on the phone now; the calendar just crashes. I have had to enter them on my exchange server to get them on the phone.

I am not going to try the hard reset route as I am going to take this thing back. I cannot have a phone that needs to be hard reset after 2 weeks with only 3 programs installed on it. I am going to get a Treo 755 p.
/rant
Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
you installed a dialer, probably the one from the touch, and created this issue yourself. the mogul does not have a 911 issue with the stock dialer. i also do not see how its fair to say that the "mogul has to be hard reset every...." because YOU installed an application that is known to cause this problem.

paul hammons big button dialer will give you the functionality you must have wanted when you installed the touch dialer and created this problem, but it sounds like youve already decided to take it back.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ABQNM is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
you installed a dialer, probably the one from the touch, and created this issue yourself. the mogul does not have a 911 issue with the stock dialer. i also do not see how its fair to say that the "mogul has to be hard reset every...." because YOU installed an application that is known to cause this problem.

paul hammons big button dialer will give you the functionality you must have wanted when you installed the touch dialer and created this problem, but it sounds like youve already decided to take it back.
Why don't you ask before you presume I did something. I have NOT installed a dialer. The only apps installed on the phone at all are X button, Handmark Monopoly and Sprite Backup. I really hope you are not this accusing in your day to day life, and if you are, I can only hope you get what is coming to you.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Simmer down children...ABQ very sorry for your recent happenstance with the mogul. You have every right to return it to the sprint store. And if i may ask a question...which version of monopoly do you have? i still have my old old version from my first 6700 have they updated since then ?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
i cant really give a solution to this, from my knowledge, the only way to make your phone not diat 911 right is to delete the .dll files packaged with the original sprint dialer
Old 09-17-2007, 03:42 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
ABQNM Doesn't want help... he's going to every Mogul forum he can find and posting the same exact message. States he's still getting a Treo.

We shouldn't feed the troll.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work
you would think someone disrespected their mom the way some users gets offended when someone says something negative about the Mogul. if you read the issue and it doesn't apply to you and you can't help resolve it... STFU!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:57 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
That's the point... there's nothing to resolve. He's not asking for help. All he's doing is going to various forums and stating that the Mogul failed for him and that he's getting a Treo. Period. Would you like me to post the links showing this?

If he genuinely wanted help I'd be right in there with everyone else trying to solve the issue. He wants to whine and waste bandwidth. If someone's going to play a game, then yea, I'm going to call them on it.

I could care less what he calls the Mogul... it's an inanimate object.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQNM View Post
Why don't you ask before you presume I did something. I have NOT installed a dialer. The only apps installed on the phone at all are X button, Handmark Monopoly and Sprite Backup. I really hope you are not this accusing in your day to day life, and if you are, I can only hope you get what is coming to you.
the mogul doesnt have this issue stock. you screwed it up. i was trying to help you. piss off and fix it yourself.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Yeah, lamer. I just dialed 911 and works fine on my Mogul and i've got plenty of apps installed. You screwed it up. Deal with it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan