PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 03:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: VZW

Zacharybinx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've actually been thinking about switching to the Touch too.. I'd obviously get a third party soft keyboard.. but I'm kinda tired of having a brick in my pocket after the 6700 for a year and a half and now this the past few months.. I'm defenitely going to get one if Sprint doesnt allow GPS on the Mogul (looking like they wont) so I'm playing the waiting game right now.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

riotek is a n00b
I am keeping my mougl and thinking about getting the touch on my other line. I am not sure how i am going to like not having a real keyboard.
Previous Devices: iPhone 3G - iPhone 2G - HTC Touch Pro - Treo 800w - PPC-6800 - Treo 700wx - PPC-6700 - BlackBerry 7300 - Treo 700p - BlackBerry 7100i - Audiovox PPC-6600 - Treo 650 - Treo 600 - Treo 300 - Kyocera QCP-6035
Old 09-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
i think it all depends on what you use your mogul for to begin with, im kindof a forum troll, and i also use my phone to type up documents on the fly, i need the moguls keyboard

on the other hand, ive heard some ppl say they are just as good with software keyboards as i am with the real thing, i dont see how thats possible, but preference is preference

the more ram is appealing, but you must take into account that the more crap you run, the slower the cpu gets, you will still have limitation, just not such a big one

now, the kaiser would be a worthy upgrade, but sprints not getting that, im pretty sure that the 6900 will fix the gps/ddraw/ram/camera problems we have, dont think that the kaiser and touch wont come with their own issues
Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

MrBogard is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
i think it all depends on what you use your mogul for to begin with, im kindof a forum troll, and i also use my phone to type up documents on the fly, i need the moguls keyboard

on the other hand, ive heard some ppl say they are just as good with software keyboards as i am with the real thing, i dont see how thats possible, but preference is preference

the more ram is appealing, but you must take into account that the more crap you run, the slower the cpu gets, you will still have limitation, just not such a big one

now, the kaiser would be a worthy upgrade, but sprints not getting that, im pretty sure that the 6900 will fix the gps/ddraw/ram/camera problems we have, dont think that the kaiser and touch wont come with their own issues
Do you really think it's going to take a new hardware revision to fix DirectDraw? I hope not.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
i think ddraw might be fixed, but not by sprint, maybe a rom will do it, but we are still maybe 4 months from that by the way its looking

either way, the 6900 is going to be released in summer of next year just like this one was, a new year a new model, i beleive htc isnt going to do anything else for the mogul, they are leaving it to sprint
Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
The Touch looks like a really good phone. Already got the wife looking for it as a Xmas gift. I didint realize it didnt have a keyboard at all though. It takes too much time typing on a screen like that with a stylus and I doubt if the letters will be big enough on the screen for you to type with your fingers.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MrBogard is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
i think ddraw might be fixed, but not by sprint, maybe a rom will do it, but we are still maybe 4 months from that by the way its looking

either way, the 6900 is going to be released in summer of next year just like this one was, a new year a new model, i beleive htc isnt going to do anything else for the mogul, they are leaving it to sprint
That's a pretty weak line of support.. but I hope if Sprint or HTC don't fix DD than the hacker/homebrew community can. It would be like a free upgrade in itself. I look forward to those updates, even if they are months away. I probably won't upgrade this phone for at least one year, maybe more.. depends on how good of a model we see next year--and how much resell value the 6800 holds at that time.

The touch doesn't really appeal to me though. Nice form factor, and the built in GPS reciever and additional ram are nice perks.. but I use various messaging types quite a bit and I need a keyboard personally.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 PM
N00b

savy1 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to savy1
would I change from the mogul to the Touch?
I would if the Touch had a complete onscreen keyboard. I think its wack that they make a big deal about it being a touch and oh u can use ur finger, but yet u need a stylus to bang out a paragraph. that's where I draw the line. if u take my keyboard away u gotta give me a real good onscreen keyboard. Also I think that menu swipe up crap is just that , a crappy gimmick. oh please u gotta b kidding me. this phone is not even in the same leage as the iphone and I know people will disagree with me but its my opinion. They need to stop releasing these phones so quickly, and they need to start adding GPS, its the wave of the future to b able to have a satelite tell me where to go. Lets get with it.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

kronium is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBogard View Post
and the built in GPS reciever and additional ram are nice perks.. but I use various messaging types quite a bit and I need a keyboard personally.
How do you know there's a built in GPS receiver. From what I've read, it looks like a-GPS only.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MrBogard is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronium View Post
How do you know there's a built in GPS receiver. From what I've read, it looks like a-GPS only.
Thought I read that a while back. Guess I was wrong, my mistake. In that case, even less of a reason to migrate

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan