PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   MMS on Mogul flashed to Cricket (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8591)

to0 09-16-2007 07:15 PM

MMS on Mogul flashed to Cricket

Hello,

I apologize for posting this question for a second time, but the first place that I posted it was not a very logical place for it, and it has quickly become buried.

I have my Sprint Mogul working with Cricket's service with everything working except for incoming MMS (I can send just fine). I have configured MMS through ArcSoft 3.0.6.24, which is what I used on my Apache, would could send AND receive fine, regardless of whether or not it was running WM5 or Helmi's WM6.

When I send a picture message to my phone and it's idle, it will light up as if something is about to happen, but nothing will happen at all--no notifications, no nothing. This is a problem that, probably, all Cricket users with a Mogul are experiencing. Does anybody have any ideas about things for me to try? I know that I have the server configuration right, as this is the exact same configuration that I've always used on Apaches.

I heard that the Alltel 6800's do not have the ArcMMS.dll file that is installed by prior versions of ArcSoft. Because of this, I'm thinking that us Cricket users may have to wait until that CAB is extracted from the Alltel ROM.

Thanks in advance.

riotek 09-16-2007 09:03 PM

The MMS that everyone has for sprint only works for sending to the best of my knowledge. All of our incomming picture mails come in as a text message with a url that we have to load ie up to go view. I could be wrong about this and there may be away to get it to come in as a mms message instead and if i am please somone correct me and let me know how to go about doing it.

badutahboy 09-16-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riotek (Post 88451)
The MMS that everyone has for sprint only works for sending to the best of my knowledge. All of our incomming picture mails come in as a text message with a url that we have to load ie up to go view. I could be wrong about this and there may be away to get it to come in as a mms message instead and if i am please somone correct me and let me know how to go about doing it.

You're correct.

We're trying to figure out why that is.. what causes the block in the sprint 6800. Somebody's got to have ventured into the programming far enough to have an idea...

What we're trying to figure out is if there's a simple regedit that needs to happen to "unblock" mms, or if one of the arcsoft Dll's needs to be rebuilt or something...

Our phones obviously receive the MMS message.. if the phone is sleeping and a mms message comes in, the phone wakes up, but it doesn't deliver the message... We just want to know why that is, so we can start working to resolve the issue. Presumably, people are working on the same issue for sprint's service...

to0 09-16-2007 11:14 PM

It makes sense that Sprint users are receiving a text message rather than an MMS message, as Sprint does not have a means to deliver an MMS message to their subscribers. For this reason, we soft reset our devices before any Sprint customizations can be loaded and delete any files or registry entries relating to Sprint or IOTA. Cricket, however, does have a means for delivering MMS messages to their subscribers.

On the Apaches, Sprint ones included, the Cricket community, along with some help from this site, managed to get in/outbound working correctly. The same procedure that we used on those devices leaves us unable to receive messages. This is especially odd since that same procedure works as expected on WM6 on the Apache.

PPC67002481 09-17-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by to0 (Post 88394)
Hello,

I apologize for posting this question for a second time, but the first place that I posted it was not a very logical place for it, and it has quickly become buried.

I have my Sprint Mogul working with Cricket's service with everything working except for incoming MMS (I can send just fine). I have configured MMS through ArcSoft 3.0.6.24, which is what I used on my Apache, would could send AND receive fine, regardless of whether or not it was running WM5 or Helmi's WM6.

When I send a picture message to my phone and it's idle, it will light up as if something is about to happen, but nothing will happen at all--no notifications, no nothing. This is a problem that, probably, all Cricket users with a Mogul are experiencing. Does anybody have any ideas about things for me to try? I know that I have the server configuration right, as this is the exact same configuration that I've always used on Apaches.

I heard that the Alltel 6800's do not have the ArcMMS.dll file that is installed by prior versions of ArcSoft. Because of this, I'm thinking that us Cricket users may have to wait until that CAB is extracted from the Alltel ROM.

Thanks in advance.

What is cricket? i have heard this used a thousand times but no one says what it is?

to0 09-17-2007 01:28 AM

Cricket is a sport.

And an unlimited wireless provider.

badutahboy 09-17-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPC67002481 (Post 88561)
What is cricket? i have heard this used a thousand times but no one says what it is?

www.mycricket.com

Cricket is an unlimited wireless provider. They've been in business since the late 90's, but have always lagged behind the major carriers in features.. for example, they're just now testing EVDO in a few markets, and we only got roaming about 6 months ago.

However, it's only $50/mo for unlimited everything, including web and pic. messaging. They also don't require a 2 year contract.

However, their phones SUCK, so we reprogram higher quality phones for use on their service.