PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Phone screen and lock

Hey guys.

I have an issue with my phone. I have SPB Phone Suite and Mobile Shell installed. When I get a call, if the phone is locked (whether its on standby or not), it just shows the SPB Now Screen, and not the phone screen (it pops up to accept the call, but not the dialpad/call status/etc). However if it is unlocked (standby or not), then the phone screen pops up after I accept the call just fine. I think i've narrowed it down to an issue with the SPB Now Screen when the phone is locked.

Any ideas on this?

Last edited by Baffles; 09-16-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
I think some kind of app that made sure the dialer was always on top when an incoming call was answered would be the best option here. The now screen seems to want to steal focus when the phone wakes up, after the call is accepted and the phone is "relocked."

Either that, or some app that would keep the phone unlocked after a call was accepted, then locked again after the call was disconnected. Anyone know of anything for that?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Alright, I've done some testing and believe I've found the issue. When the phone gets an incoming call, it unlocks itself so you can answer/ignore the call. After the call is answered, the phone automatically re-locks. The mobile shell pops up the now screen when the phone locks, which is why this issue occurs.

I'm experimenting with some code right now which will hopefully fix the issue. I plan to do this by writing a small program that unlocks the phone when a call is answered, and re-locks it at the end of the call.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Please post when you get that finished. That locked now screen when answering the phone is one of my SPB MS gripes.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

It doesn't look like it's possible to unlock the phone [systemwide] easily without hacking some dll, anything in the API I've seen to unlock will only do a partial unlock that will only work for the program that does it. I guess I'll just go the easier method and write a program that will make sure the phone is given focus on an incoming call. Hopefully that should do it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan