PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 12:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bombzhome is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stream MP3s to Mogul

Hello,

I wanted to be able to stream MP3s from my PC to my Mogul through EVDO. Kinda how the whole YouTube TCPMP plugin works where you can just find a video and click on it and the song will load. I would like to see if there's something like that with MP3s. I have an HTTP MP3 Server that I can view all my songs on Internet Explorer, but when I click on them it only gives me a chance to download and not stream. I would like to see if I can get it to launch the URL in TCPMP or Windows Media Player. Also, Orb isn't an option for me because for whatever reason I can't even get the program to launch on my PC. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Ah, you need to encapsulate the mp3's.
There is nothing wrong with your server or the Mogul, this is just how web browsers work. You may notice the same thing on a PC as well (clicking an mp3 file will download the entire mp3 before opening and playing it!).
You see, all web browsers will invoke certain applications when a registered filename extension is downloaded. For example, if you wanted to play flash video (.flv), video streaming sites such as youtube will send you a much smaller .swf player that will refer to and open the .flv instead of asking you to download the whole thing first.

In order to stream mp3's instead of downloading them, you'll need to create a reference file that invokes the mp3 player and tells it to refer to your file.
This can be done in a few ways, the two most popular:
1) create a text file that ends in .m3u, and place the path to the mp3 inside it.
Example:
mysong.m3u contains:
http://www.myserver.com/mydir/mysong.mp3

2) create a windows media .asx stub file. This works for streaming video as well!!
Again, open a text file editor, and place this code in the file:
<ASX VERSION="3.0">
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF = "http://myserver.com/mydir/mysong.mp3" />
</ENTRY>
</ASX>

Let me know what works for you!
I know about this sort of thing because I've done it before (I work in web design). I have actually written a php script somewhere that will automatically generate the asx file on a dynamic real-time library of audio lectures.

Good luck!

Last edited by dishe; 09-16-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bombzhome is a n00b
Thank you so much. I had tried the playlist one before and it wasn't working but it seems to be working perfect now. Again, thanks a lot!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2 w/ Android

dem0n2001 is just getting started
if you use itunes you can stream it this way.... http://hackaddict.blogspot.com/2007/...-for-free.html
i know it talks about the Wii but still works
Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bombzhome is a n00b
Also, how would I go about a quicker way of doing this. Is there a way to create a playlist for every song that I have or can I convert one of my regular playlists to an HTTP playlist a quick way? Any ideas on that?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bombzhome is a n00b
bump.. any ideas to do this a quicker way?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan