PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/)
-   -   can I get my Mogul replaced if I.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/8545-can-i-get-my-mogul-replaced-if-i.html)

apollooff320 09-15-2007 06:23 PM

can I get my Mogul replaced if I....
 
I set on my mogul while it was in my back poket and now my screen is black and cracked. I have the replacement plan but I need to know if they will replace it from me doing this?
Oh by the way I have Sprint.

willysp 09-15-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apollooff320 (Post 88000)
I set on my mogul while it was in my back poket and now my screen is black and cracked. I have the replacement plan but I need to know if they will replace it from me doing this?
Oh by the way I have Sprint.

If you have the full ($7/mo) insurance, then yes, for $50 deductible.

apollooff320 09-15-2007 08:03 PM

is it a one time replacement? because I do have that plan.

iZm 09-15-2007 08:23 PM

There are two different types of coverage that you can have. They are the following:

ESRP (Equipment Service & Repair Plan) $4/mth
-This covers any damage to the unit barring physical or liquid damage. Technically, you unit qualifies for a free replacement under this program if you do have this coverage.

ERP (Equipment Replacement Plan) aka Insurance $4/mth
-This replacement plan requires a $50 deductible payment and covers any damage that is repairable by a service technician. You are allowed two claims per 12 month period.

TEP (Total Equipment Protection) $7/mth
-TEP is a package of both ESRP and ERP.

If you are unsure as to what your options are after this description, please take the unit to an Authorized Service Center and let the technician take a look at the unit. I am sure that they will guide you in the right direction. I am a technician in Central Florida. I hope that I was able to help you.

Much Luv,
iZm

willysp 09-15-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iZm (Post 88066)
...
ESRP (Equipment Service & Repair Plan) $4/mth
-This covers any damage to the unit barring physical or liquid damage. Technically, you unit qualifies for a free replacement under this program if you do have this coverage.
iZm

I'm confused by your response. The OP says" now my screen is black and cracked". You say "barring physical damage". Doesn't 'cracked' constitute 'physical damge'?

TIA

iZm 09-15-2007 09:01 PM

I apologize for not specifying "physical or liquid damage" to the unit's main board.

Much Luv,
iZm

shellguy 09-15-2007 09:11 PM

he would need the 7 dollar ins..



Will

Mustang46L 09-15-2007 10:04 PM

If you have the $7 TEP or $4 ESRP you can get it replaced in the store for free. This is not an insurance claim, this is not physical damage (usually meant to mean damage to the mb).

apollooff320 09-15-2007 11:34 PM

Well I have the $7 plan. If im with Sero can I still go to a sprint store and try to get it replaced?

Krayziepop 09-15-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L (Post 88104)
If you have the $7 TEP or $4 ESRP you can get it replaced in the store for free. This is not an insurance claim, this is not physical damage (usually meant to mean damage to the mb).

:scratch:

How is cracked, not considered physical damage? If he takes it to a Sprint store, they are gonna give him the number to Asurion and say have a good day. Cracked screens are not a manufacturers defect, and will be treated as an insurance claim.

You may get lucky though... some Sprint techs aren't the brightest bulbs pulled out of the box (I talk circles around them when I go into the store, just for fun - plus the looks on their faces thrills me :D) So hell.. give it the ole college try. Just don't go in expecting a free replacement, because that is highly unlikely to happen in your situation.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0