PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   can I get my Mogul replaced if I.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8545)

Yay 4 Juggs 09-15-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krayziepop (Post 88149)
:scratch:

How is cracked, not considered physical damage? If he takes it to a Sprint store, they are gonna give him the number to Asurion and say have a good day. Cracked screens are not a manufacturers defect, and will be treated as an insurance claim.

You may get lucky though... some Sprint techs aren't the brightest bulbs pulled out of the box (I talk circles around them when I go into the store, just for fun - plus the looks on their faces thrills me :D) So hell.. give it the ole college try. Just don't go in expecting a free replacement, because that is highly unlikely to happen in your situation.

what it falls under is lcd repair/replacement...seeing as how they cant repair or replace a touch screen in store they will swap out his mogul for another...the only time they will not is for "physical damage to the phones mainboard...OP can just take it into a sprint corporate store and have the device replaced.

Krayziepop 09-15-2007 11:57 PM

I guess it gets interpreted differently across different stores... when I cracked the screen on my 6700 I was told to call Asurion by 3 different corporate stores. They told me they were sorry, but accidental damage is not covered by ESRP.

Guess I should have called around a bit more maybe?

apollooff320 09-16-2007 07:28 AM

What if I got my phone through SERO can I take it to a Sprint store?

iZm 09-16-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apollooff320 (Post 88223)
What if I got my phone through SERO can I take it to a Sprint store?

Apollo,
Yes, you can. How you purchased your phone is at your discretion. As long as the unit is registered for use on your mobile number, you are covered as long as you have the appropriate coverage. You have previously indicated that you have the $7 coverage (aka TEP.) Therefore, you are fully covered. An authorized service center should get you a replacement at no cost to you.

Much Luv,
iZm

FranzSchubert 09-17-2007 06:36 PM

I, too, am a technician in a Sprint/Nextel Service Center. The general rule of thumb is that a cracked touchscreen or LCD can be considered "repairable," in that through replacing the touchscreen and flex cable, the phone could be mechanically refurbished (and cosmetically through housing replacement as well).

Many times, I will have Treo, PPC-6700, and PPC-6800 touchscreens in the shop so I can simply repair the phone in-house for this exact reason. Whenever possible, we try to keep the "guts" of the phone new, and simply replace what has broken (rather than replacing with a refurbished handset).

I wouldn't be that stressed over it, even if you just had ESRP.

Thesian 09-17-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krayziepop (Post 88149)
:scratch:

How is cracked, not considered physical damage? If he takes it to a Sprint store, they are gonna give him the number to Asurion and say have a good day. Cracked screens are not a manufacturers defect, and will be treated as an insurance claim.

You may get lucky though... some Sprint techs aren't the brightest bulbs pulled out of the box (I talk circles around them when I go into the store, just for fun - plus the looks on their faces thrills me :D) So hell.. give it the ole college try. Just don't go in expecting a free replacement, because that is highly unlikely to happen in your situation.

Please, come to the Brookfield, WI Sprint Store... Talk circles around me... I DARE you...

Also... A broken screen would be covered by ESRP. Any tech that tells that a broken screen isn't is full of crap. Provided no board level damage (includes the mainboard being exposed), and/or liquid damage is found, we would replace it for free.

FranzSchubert 09-25-2007 07:27 PM

It is important to make a distinction between physical damage, and a handset that is damaged beyond repair. There is a distinct difference, and although it can be entirely subjective, there is fair opportunity to get a phone replaced. Just because one of the most expensive parts may be damaged in this scenario, it should truly be judged no differently than a broken housing or mini-USB data port.

bkhoste 09-25-2007 07:41 PM

I would just call Sprint and ask if physical damage is covered, if not, then wait a day or two and tell them you lost your phone. I think it is like $50 and they will send you a replacement, $50 is lot cheaper then buying a whole new phone. Just my two cents worth, good luck.

MannyPR 09-25-2007 07:41 PM

Here in Indianapolis Sprint stores consider cracked screen physical damage and send you to Asurion, if you call Asurion and ask them they will tell you that is under their coverage and stores won't replace it. Looks like Sprint policy is not consistent across the board, I wish I went to one of your guys store when I cracked mine.

BTW I visited 8 stores in Indianapolis when I did so it wasn't just the technician at a store.

apollooff320 09-26-2007 02:56 AM

Well I did get my phone replaced even though it took a week for sprint to get some Moguls in. I didn't even have to tell them what happened they just said it was a free replacement.