PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transfer one phone setup to another

I am getting a new PPC6800 via an insurance claim. I want to transfer my setup I have on my old phone exactly as it is to the new one. Is that possible without going through all the steps of installing the software manually?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Re: Transfer one phone setup to another

spbbackup
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you for the reply. Should work like a charm.

http://www.mytodayscreen.com/spb-bac...eded-features/
Quote:
But why stop there? Spb has gone a step further and added Device Upgrade Mode as well. What this means is that if you bought a new device today, you don’t have to spend time installing applications and tweaking it so that it’s just like your previous device. Instead, run Spb Backup on the previous device and transfer the file to the new device to be run there. End result is that you’re new device will be just like your previous one. Among all the features, I think this is a much needed one that gives Spb a real edge, especially when you consider that a slew of new Windows Mobile device are about to or have just been released.
There are no screen shots to show these 2 modes in action because you just need to copy the backup file to the device in question and run it there as if you were restoring on your usual device.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I use Sprite Backup,Spb Backup or SKtools all of then did the same without any issues.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Got my replacement phone... what a piece of junk.

The top half doesn't line up with the bottom half when closed. They are sending me another one.. I hope it's better.

What a joke... over $200 paid out for insurance over the time I had this phone and they send out junk.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWagner View Post
Got my replacement phone... what a piece of junk.

The top half doesn't line up with the bottom half when closed. They are sending me another one.. I hope it's better.

What a joke... over $200 paid out for insurance over the time I had this phone and they send out junk.
Sorry to heard that, just get them to send you another one.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

2nd phone came today, it's perfect, like new.

Has 33hours of usage on it's timer though, but it's a Alltel Certified Reconditioned Phone, complete with all the accesories.. cradle, cables, holster.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
VIP PATROL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWagner View Post
2nd phone came today, it's perfect, like new.

Has 33hours of usage on it's timer though, but it's a Alltel Certified Reconditioned Phone, complete with all the accesories.. cradle, cables, holster.
Glad you got it my friend, enjoy it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan