PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Did Phonenews Rip you guys off

http://www.phonenews.com/how-to-add-...00-titan-2663/

They are taking the credit for the Titan GPS rom and clearly using roms that were posted here and at XDA
Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
It looks like their using DCDs work. Wonder if he knows?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
Not to mention KmartBurito who actually released the original ROM.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Yeah they seperated the radio rom out. I mean it's cool someone wrote a step by step. If you look at the bottom I think he's trying to use this as his oops my bad clause, "The efforts of many people contributed to this process. We cannot thank them all individually, but we do acknowledge (and thank) the active HTC hacking community for these developments."

I mean honestly isn't it only 3 people who need to be thanked here. The guy who leaked the radio rom, the guy who's rom they're using and the guy who made the unlocker.

Added:

Oh I see someone called him out on DCD's rom.

and his reply was
"If we credit DCD, there’s going to be two or three people that will come forward saying that DCD’s work wouldn’t have been possible without their work. Or, someone will say DCD just copied XYZ’s techniques and re-rolled the ROM. We’ve been through this before. What we said applies best, we thank everyone that contributed."

Last edited by Donatom3; 02-01-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

GoMogul is a n00b
Well I dont see they take personal credit for this, as it says they where just waiting for stability...
"After days of waiting for stability, PhoneNews.com is hosting all the tools you need, and a simple guide to add GPS navigation to your HTC Titan..."

they state that they just made the compilation of files and at the end they thank all the ppl who contributed to this, in this case like Donato said, KmartBurrito, ImCokeMan and DcD...
"The efforts of many people contributed to this process. We cannot thank them all individually, but we do acknowledge (and thank) the active HTC hacking community for these developments."
Old 02-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

GoMogul is a n00b
Dint get to see that last reply, (closed the tab after posting the reply here =P)
Old 02-02-2008, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

zaya is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMogul View Post
Well I dont see they take personal credit for this, as it says they where just waiting for stability...
"After days of waiting for stability, PhoneNews.com is hosting all the tools you need, and a simple guide to add GPS navigation to your HTC Titan..."

they state that they just made the compilation of files and at the end they thank all the ppl who contributed to this, in this case like Donato said, KmartBurrito, ImCokeMan and DcD...
"The efforts of many people contributed to this process. We cannot thank them all individually, but we do acknowledge (and thank) the active HTC hacking community for these developments."
THANKS KmartBurrito, ImCokeMan and DcD FOR ALL YOUR TIRELESS (and might I add speedy) WORK/EFFORTS. (See....that wasnt that hard)
Old 02-02-2008, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaya View Post
THANKS KmartBurrito, ImCokeMan and DcD FOR ALL YOUR TIRELESS (and might I add speedy) WORK/EFFORTS. (See....that wasnt that hard)
and Olipro=D>
Old 02-02-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON

s10onn2o is just getting started
Heres what i posted over there if they will show it lol

Holy crap are you kidding me you need to point these people over to our site for this is is not for the people with the faint of heart. People really need to know that you can really f-up your ppc and if you dont belive me i am a beta tester over there and i go though the phones flash over and over agian. With that said YES it can be done easly and safe, but please read everything at our fourms before you do it. And read everyone else’s problams before you do it.
Thanks DCD/ Kmartburrito/Olipro/ImCoKeMaN/WideAwake and every one else.
http://www.xda-developers.com/

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/
Old 02-02-2008, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

Christopher Price is starting in the wrong direction
Hello everyone, I would like to clarify a few things.

First, when we ran the article in question, PPCGeeks was offline. We did not have time, nor access to do exhaustive checking of who-did-what.

Second, as we've stated in the article's comments (which few, if anyone that have posted complaining have read fully), we did not credit individuals because of that reason, as well as the fact that ROM releases are never handled by a single individual.

In the past, we did credit individuals in the hacking community for our consolidated guides. However, we received complaints from those that supported those hackers we cited.

As you can see, we're darned if we do, and darned if we don't. We're in our fifth year of doing this day by day, and we do have to make tough decisions in this regard. However, we're confident that we gave appropriate credit to the entire hacking community for pulling this out of the recent developments.

In this thread alone, there has been debate and discussion as to who should be credited. We simply don't have the resources, nor the niche-level focus to properly handle that.

Finally, to the above poster, we have approved your comment and responded to it. We're all about improving the hacking community, we only remove discussion that is blatantly argumentative or crude.

Last edited by Christopher Price; 02-02-2008 at 02:49 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan