PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Broken mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8441)

SINNN 09-13-2007 03:31 PM

Broken mogul

1 Attachment(s)
44 days using the mogul and this clip gave up on me. Now my stylus just falls out. Look closely to the clip.. all that holding it is a plastic rod melted on top to keep it in place. Really poor design.

rdwing 09-13-2007 06:14 PM

Known problem.

SINNN 09-13-2007 07:27 PM

Really? I thought I was the only one with this issue. I posted it at sprintusers.com and it looks like they have never seen this issue. Well is there a know cure or are all moguls gonna loose their grip due to this badly design clip.

SINNN 09-13-2007 11:56 PM

anyone? sorry to bring this up again. But I would like a little more feedback.

jtrag 09-14-2007 12:03 AM

I have two Moguls and I have no issues with the stylus... I couldn't tell ya... maybe factory defect? If you're within your 30 days exchange it for another, otherwise, if you have insurance, tell them you want another and pay the deductable.

Primenall 09-14-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtrageser (Post 87166)
I have two Moguls and I have no issues with the stylus... I couldn't tell ya... maybe factory defect? If you're within your 30 days exchange it for another, otherwise, if you have insurance, tell them you want another and pay the deductable.

If you have insurance tell them you want them to fix it in store and if not you want an exchange with NO deductable through Sprint.

scottishwarrior 09-14-2007 12:08 AM

the phone has a one year warrenty. Just take it in and they're should replace it.

Jay

SINNN 09-14-2007 05:28 PM

I took it to a sprint store like the rep told me and the sprint store repair guy said he cant fix it and sent it to the manufacturer. Is that normal? But anyways I managed to get sprint to give me a one time warranty replacement. So i got it today and I am not sure if I should be happy or not. I dialed ##778# and was able to view the date info and it shows as never been refurbished. So i imagive its not refurbished right? The thing that bothers me is the side scroll while look slike its been sprayed over with black paint. It rough looking. And also in front of the mogul the Pocket PC print on the metal is not there. IS this a refurbished een thou the data on the phone says no? Any comment would help. SHouldn't I get a new phone since its under the 90 day manufacture warranty?

SINNN 09-14-2007 05:28 PM

Pleased understand that i paid almmost 500 dollars, thats why i am picky.

phillyphill39 09-14-2007 06:55 PM

what pocket pc print?

phillyphill39 09-14-2007 06:56 PM

and isnt that how side looks? mine is black aslo with a slight rough feeling like the keyboard.

MTXR 09-14-2007 07:03 PM

My stylus is getting loose over time too... I have a feeling its gonna become like yours...

Theres gotta be a way to fix it or a workaround...i just havn't looked into it much yet..

SINNN 09-15-2007 10:38 AM

Theres a pocket PC print on the lower front metal casing in the mogul. My replacement mogul does not have it. Some ppl are saying the new ones dont come with it printed anmore. I thing its just saving HTC money by not doing it. As for the side scroll whel. My old mogul had a very nice flat smooth black look to it. Now this new mogul has a rough black look to it. But I think I figured it out on the scroll wheel. I checked a friends mogul and he bought his mogul the same day i bough mines and his wheel is also rough. I think I just got lucky with my first mogul having a nice smooth wheel. The rough paint is for sure not normal. Looks like they sprayed the casin on this replacement too fine. Its very rough. Everyone around me agrees on that. but does it justify me calling sprint to have it replaced for that reason? What do you all think? MTXR.. keep an eye on those plastic holdowns on the clip. You know the one I took a pic of. Thiose will paif soon i think. Kinda suks in my opinion.. we mogul users will have to carry our stylus inside out pant pockets.

freeza 09-15-2007 03:11 PM

The newer Moguls, specifically with the latest firmware already loaded on it, do not have "Pocket PC" printed on them. Mine doesn't either as well as alot of other people's.

As for your scrollwheel issue, I have no idea...

SINNN 09-15-2007 06:36 PM

Did your new Mogul come with the keyboard free play gone. You know, the one when you grab the keyboard on the close position and it lifts a little. On this new one the play is gone completely. I am very happy about it but I think in HTC tightening the keyboard they made the sliding kekboard a bit noisy. have you noticed that?

freeza 09-15-2007 06:58 PM

Yeah, my keyboard is much tighter than my first mogul.

SINNN 09-15-2007 07:09 PM

Ahhh yesss. Thank you freeza for giving your input. So your mogul and my mogul being the 2nd generation have the loose keyboard fixed. That's good to hear. BTW, do you miss the "Pocket PC" print in front? I kanda do but I think we are better off with out it since my friends mogul has the "E" rubbed out of pocket. So it reads "pockt". LOL.

freeza 09-15-2007 07:46 PM

hahahaha!

To be hoenst, i hadn't noticed that the Pocket PC was gone from it at all until i read a topic on a forum about it. It makes people who look at my phone think of it more as a phone than as a pc when they read that lol.

i'm fine either way :)

But yeah, the loose keyboard seems to be fixed even after it's fallen on the carpet a few times. Luckily for me i've never dropped it on a hard surface.

SINNN 09-15-2007 08:00 PM

haha! Freeza when I come close in dropping my mogul ,my heart skips a beat. Now that I got this replacement I carry it like its a real baby. Well, that's good to hear that dropping it on carpet won't bring the keyboard play back. :)
I must say I still love this phone. I don't know why ppl like treos so much.

Primenall 09-15-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 88049)
hahahaha!

To be hoenst, i hadn't noticed that the Pocket PC was gone from it at all until i read a topic on a forum about it. It makes people who look at my phone think of it more as a phone than as a pc when they read that lol.

i'm fine either way :)

But yeah, the loose keyboard seems to be fixed even after it's fallen on the carpet a few times. Luckily for me i've never dropped it on a hard surface.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SINNN (Post 88057)
haha! Freeza when I come close in dropping my mogul ,my heart skips a beat. Now that I got this replacement I carry it like its a real baby. Well, that's good to hear that dropping it on carpet won't bring the keyboard play back. :)
I must say I still love this phone. I don't know why ppl like treos so much.

Well my heart skipped a beat the other day, I had it in my shirt pocket and was pulling it out and ended up juggling it and it finnally got away and landded screen side down on the sidewalk.

Well it survived the fall great, I couldn't believe it, I was so relieved.
The only damage was the scratched housing on the front, the screen was fine not a scratch and it still works as good as ever, so IMHO it's a pretty tough little machine, glad I have TEP anyways though LOL

SINNN 09-15-2007 10:13 PM

Primenall, thata terrible! That's thos worst when a mogul hits pure concrete. That happened to my xv6700. That thing bounced 6 times till it came to a screeching halt. All scratched up but worked like a charm. These are build pretty good but I do really wish with the rev.a update this thing will have gps enab led. Please if theres a god this will happen soon.

SINNN 09-15-2007 11:36 PM

well, i dont know where to start but I should have knocked on wood. :( This after noon I dropped my 1 day old warrenty replacement Mogul on pure concrete. It hit pretty hard. The top left hand corner had a crack the runs almost all the way across. And the keyboard has a slight play to it now. But it does work fine tho. Jsut when i was talking about dropping phones. Does anyone know if the repair store at sprint will swap the case only? I have 45 days with this phone and do have insurance. Help....

SINNN 09-16-2007 11:25 AM

aNY ONE KNOW IF A REPAIR SPRINT STORE WILL REPLACE THIS WITHOUT ME PAYING A DEDUCTIBLE?i HAVE tep.