PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan eten m600+
Carrier: Telecom NZ

lazygizmo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB Problem

hey guys

i purchased a 2nd hand HTC Titan and i am having issues with the usb port on my does not work so i cannot use the cradle to sync or charge it via usb cable or via wall charger, but i can still use the usb headset that came with it to listen to music and make calls.

is there any possible way to fix this?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:14 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: USB Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygizmo View Post
hey guys

i purchased a 2nd hand HTC Titan and i am having issues with the usb port on my does not work so i cannot use the cradle to sync or charge it via usb cable or via wall charger, but i can still use the usb headset that came with it to listen to music and make calls.

is there any possible way to fix this?
did you try taking out your battery then waiting a minute and put it back in? also, what about the usb/headset splitter, does that work?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

cradle you say... hmm, yea, cradles don't play nice with miniusb.
have you tried a different cord without the cradle?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lazygizmo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
did you try taking out your battery then waiting a minute and put it back in? also, what about the usb/headset splitter, does that work?
i do no have a usb/headset splitter ill see if i can find one
Old 09-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lazygizmo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
cradle you say... hmm, yea, cradles don't play nice with miniusb.
have you tried a different cord without the cradle?
i have tried the cable that was included and 2 others that i have sitting around with and without the cradle and i dont get anything
Old 09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

it's possible the contacts got dirty on the charge pins, but thier not exactly easy to clean, and it's actually more likely something internal since the headset works.

another thought would be (if you haven't already) is trying to plug in a slightly different angles (gently) and maybe only inserting partway. you will need to hold it still a few seconds to see if it starts charging. that way you know it atleast functions and can go about trying to clean or fix the connector.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lazygizmo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
it's possible the contacts got dirty on the charge pins, but thier not exactly easy to clean, and it's actually more likely something internal since the headset works.

another thought would be (if you haven't already) is trying to plug in a slightly different angles (gently) and maybe only inserting partway. you will need to hold it still a few seconds to see if it starts charging. that way you know it atleast functions and can go about trying to clean or fix the connector.
gave that a try sadly did not work, i was tempted to splice the cable and swap the ends over but somehow i dont think that would work
Old 09-11-2009, 07:32 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

yeah, sounds like it's a bad jack. or fried inside. hope you can get it fixed or something.
good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan