PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Slight red tinge flashes on screen taps (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8373)

k000 09-12-2007 11:27 AM

Slight red tinge flashes on screen taps

Just got Mogul yesterday, nice upgarde from the 6700 which I've used for 2 years.

I have noticed that there is a slight red tinge (flashing tinge) that appears when I click / tap the screen. It's very light but very noticable.

Anyone else who has faced this ? Should I ask for a replacement right away ?

angloman 09-12-2007 01:40 PM

I have the same problem with mine! It kind of makes me think... Am I going crazy or is that really happening!?

This is my second HTC P4000, my first one was replaced because it would freeze on incoming calls.

This one seems to do that 'red tinge' thing... has since I got it about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if this is an indication that more problems are coming

a4justin 09-12-2007 05:17 PM

I had that same problem to. I only really noticed it upon initial setup, doesn't really affect anything though.

k000 09-12-2007 06:22 PM

can you please point to any of those boards please ?

I have used at least 15 different PDAs in last 10 years and this sounds like defective LCDs to me.

I bought it via web. Should I just call them or take it to the store which would mean about 3 hours of my time.

a4justin 09-12-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla (Post 86451)
This has been covered on other boards, it's normal. Happens to everyone.

way to make a significant contribution to the thread. you could have listed the reason that was told on the other boards or at minimum the boards themselves.

Baffles 09-12-2007 09:52 PM

I have the same problem, and I asked in #PPCGeeks and they told me something was screwed up. I can only see it happen on mine sometimes, and mainly only on white screens.

TheBundo 09-12-2007 11:10 PM

It never happens on mine

k000 09-13-2007 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla (Post 86598)
"Listed reason": Again, it happens to everybody. It's normal, meaning it's not just you.

And for your laziness, it was discussed on Sprintusers.com. Should I also go to that site and find that thread just for you?

I go to at least 5-6 boards re: PPCs but don't really read all of the things on all boards. So if you had said it's on sprintusers.com board in the first place, that would have far more helpfull than saying 'other boards...' - just my opinion. That way you would have really added some real value, than just saying happends to everybody and clearly it is not happening to everybody. And that is the jist of community chat boards - to share actual knowledge, cross-link info etc etc. But I really don't want to argue with anyone :)

I actually just found this morning that using the jog wheel (scroll wheel on left) every click changes the color as well - one click it makes it redding tinge and the next one removes the tinge, and same can be repeated with every click of the wheel. I was not even touching the screen at all... It clearly is a hardware defect. And it is so no acceptable for a device costing close to $600

Has anyone reported to Sprint on thsi issue ?

hAvAAck 09-13-2007 08:31 AM

wow. I got two DOA 700wxs from sprint since I started my contract, and just had them send me a mogul.. I'm really hoping I don't have to do more returns because of red tint. It's very sad that there's a hardware defect in a product like this..

Baffles 09-13-2007 09:05 AM

It doesn't affect the usability of the device, so what's the big deal? Unless its worse on your device than it is mine (mine is only slightly noticeable on a white screen).