PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Having trouble connecting Via ActiveSync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8361)

CarlB 09-12-2007 02:41 AM

Having trouble connecting Via ActiveSync

I am new to PPC's and just got the 6800. I want to do Alltel's upgrade to WM6 and I downloaded ActiveSync 4.5.

When I connect my phone to my computer with the USB chord I get a message that pops up on my phone. It says " Synchronization Error: to synchronice this device, you must intall Activesync 4.1 or higher on your desktop computer"

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

divxrippimp 09-12-2007 04:30 AM

dude, i cant even get my computer to see the phone, i tried on missing sync on my mac, virtual windows on my mac, and 2 other windows pc's
all with active sync 4.5 installed, and they dont see the phone at all, it charges and such but no connectivity... it doesn't show as new hardware or anything...

CarlB 09-12-2007 12:04 PM

I uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSync. Rebooted both my PC and PPC. They both recognize the connection put the PPC stil has the same error message when they try to connect.

rvashi 09-12-2007 12:13 PM

I am assuming that you guys are using WM5 so i am not sure whether you guys have this option but under SETTINGS, go in to USB TO PC. In there, just uncheck the "Enable advanced network functionality" and it should sync just fine!

I have the Sprint version with WM6 and it wouldn't recognize my device at all....and I am using Vista on both of my computers so I have Windows Mobile Device Center instead of Active Sync, but it shouldn't really make any difference.

scottishwarrior 09-12-2007 12:27 PM

Rvashi is correct, you have to uncheck the box and you will then sync. You will have to uncheck it after updating the rom to be able to sync again.

Jay
Edit: Also of note you want to make sure and uncheck the box for recieve all beams in the setting/connections/infared. If left checked it is a large battery drain.

CarlB 09-12-2007 01:27 PM

Thanks for the tip about the beams. I appreciate it.

Unfortunatly I still have the problem with activesync. I have had the "Advance network functionality" box unchecked.

I did a complete reinstall again. When I plug in the phone for the first time it says "found new hardware" and installs "HTC USB somthing or other" Then activesync starts and I see it connect on my phone. It pops up with
Then the Synchonization error comes up.

Meanwhile my PC just says connecting the it says it cannot connect to the windows mobile device.

I go through the troubleshooter and get:

"Unable to establish a connection between the PC and the device. Get up-to-date solutions to common connection problems. Please click the following link:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65257"

INSTIGATOR 09-12-2007 02:12 PM

I've got a VERIZON 6700 & am having the same problems you are.
ActiveSync stumbled a bit when I first got the phone last week, but now doesn't connect at all.
I have WM5 on this phone, but cannot find the SETTINGS/USB to PC you mentioned anywhere??

I'm sure the problem is on the 6700, but can't figure it out??

hecatomb 09-12-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvashi (Post 86319)
I am assuming that you guys are using WM5 so i am not sure whether you guys have this option but under SETTINGS, go in to USB TO PC. In there, just uncheck the "Enable advanced network functionality" and it should sync just fine!

I had some flakey issues with the 6800 connection, but usually I'd just do a soft reset with the 6800 plugged in to USB. probably about 90% of the time it'd sync up properly. After unchecking the "Enable advanced network functionality", I haven't had a problem since. *knock on wood*

INSTIGATOR 09-12-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hecatomb (Post 86383)
I had some flakey issues with the 6800 connection, but usually I'd just do a soft reset with the 6800 plugged in to USB. probably about 90% of the time it'd sync up properly. After unchecking the "Enable advanced network functionality", I haven't had a problem since. *knock on wood*

I can't find the "Enable advanced network functionality" to uncheck??

hecatomb 09-12-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSTIGATOR (Post 86389)
I can't find the "Enable advanced network functionality" to uncheck??

On your Titan, go to your Settings, click the Connections Tab

Tap USB to PC, the checkbox is under there...

Edit: oh poop, sorry, I just noticed you've got a 6700; I'll have to look on my Apache when I get home.