PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

starrbri is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
taking apart apart screen

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how I can take off the screen casing to expose the whole screen. I want to apply a screen protector without having those tiny gaps around the edges. I have already tried to take out the two screws underneath the screen, but it didnt seem to do much

thanks
Old 09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

riviera is a n00b
You could ask Bearxor as he's had one mostly apart, see this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7991
Old 09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrbri View Post
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how I can take off the screen casing to expose the whole screen. I want to apply a screen protector without having those tiny gaps around the edges. I have already tried to take out the two screws underneath the screen, but it didnt seem to do much

thanks
Just curious and no offense intended - what's so important about the little gaps that you'd risk dis-assembling a 6800?
Old 09-09-2007, 08:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

starrbri is a n00b
its not. just if its an easy matter of a few screws it would be worth it but if more than that i wouldnt bother.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have done this before. You have to disassemble the entire phone untill it is just the screen attached to the empty front shell of the phone's housing. There are 4 screws there that make the screen housing attach to the phone housing, you must remove those. Then there are 4 screws on the back (2 of which you mentioned you tried earlier). Once those 4 have been removed you can then pry around the edges of the screen housing and take the front off with a lil more work.

-Anthony

p.s. totally sucks to do.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
To take the face off to apply the screen protector would involve taking the whole phone apart! It is the way of the design. You have to take the back off to take out the circuit boards to get to the screws that hold the screen to the rest of the body. Then, and only then, would you be able to successfully reach the FOUR screws hold the screen unit together. Good luck!!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
Old 09-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
To take the face off to apply the screen protector would involve taking the whole phone apart! It is the way of the design. You have to take the back off to take out the circuit boards to get to the screws that hold the screen to the rest of the body. Then, and only then, would you be able to successfully reach the FOUR screws hold the screen unit together. Good luck!!
i love the way you wrote that lol
Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Try using windex or water underneath the screen protector, if it's an adhesiveless one like the seidio or boxwave. I got the 8525 for my mogul instead of the "mogul" because i could slide it under the edges all around and truly protect the screen, rather than having the .5-1mm gap around the edges.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

starrbri is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
Try using windex or water underneath the screen protector, if it's an adhesiveless one like the seidio or boxwave. I got the 8525 for my mogul instead of the "mogul" because i could slide it under the edges all around and truly protect the screen, rather than having the .5-1mm gap around the edges.
thanks for the tip. I don't think I will be trying to take apart the screen, as I was hoping it was really simple.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Don't use windex on any LCD screen! While using it once may not cause damage, using it repeatedly can cause it to start eating away the screen protection layers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan