PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 02:06 AM
Lurker

JDTagish is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Avoid iGoneMobile.com

I ordered a bunch of accessories from this company on 8/13/07.

1 Crystal Clear Case (preorder), 1 battery, 2 retractable mini SB cables, and a cradle with second battery charging slot.

I received the cradle and the cables on 8/19/07, but neither cable worked. The cradle works reasonably well, but is not what I would describe as a "high quality" product, but it does what it was designed to do, and does not pinch the camera button. The second battery charging slot is very sensitive, and will not charge if the battery is seated firmly, only if it is slightly above the seated position. (This is what I mean by not high quality, but it does work overall.)

I was informed AFTER shipping that they had cancelled the portion of my order for the battery due to compatibility issues. While I appreciate that they didn't ship or charge me for an incompatible battery, I would have appreciated knowing that there was a problem BEFORE they shipped out another portion of my order, while charging me for all remaining items, (although not all were shipped) to determine if I wanted to alter my order as a result.

I emailed the company the same day I received the defective cables. They said they would ship out replacements in advance of my returning the defective ones. Since their office is about 3 miles from my home, I offered to exchange them onsite, but they declined. I shipped the defective cables back to them the next day. Since then, I have heard nothing from them, except an email after I asked what the status was on the case and replacement cables, stating that they were "processing" and would ship eventually.

If you are looking for quality items for your Mogul, I would avoid this company!

Also, as an aside, I did notice that they have plagerized photos from Seidio's website for at least one item they are selling, only they put a watermark in their photo. It's possible that they are selling the same item, but they are selling the case for $10 and Seidio is $30. Maybe someone can tell if it's the same case, but it sure is the same photo!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
its probably the same case, seidio's prices dont mean their manufacturing is any better.
they ripped me off on accessories for my Q - this sounds similar - I am done with online ordering of cell phone accessories after my seidio experience.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

seidioseidio is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
its probably the same case, seidio's prices dont mean their manufacturing is any better.
they ripped me off on accessories for my Q - this sounds similar - I am done with online ordering of cell phone accessories after my seidio experience.
DCD,

I'm sorry for the issues you had with our products and that you feel you were "ripped off". If you'd like to email me at forum@seidio.com I'd be happy to see if I could help.

FYI...that is not our case at all and we're doing everything we can to see that it's removed.

Thanks

Seidio

Last edited by seidioseidio; 09-10-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JDTagish is a n00b
@ Seidio - I hope you have some luck with these people. They are liars and thieves, I'd bet you won't have any luck being polite.

Well, it looks like people were reading this thread, so I'll give you an update.

This company has gone from avoid them to being outright crooks.

They claim to have resent the replacements for the defective items out in August, but they sent them to Louisiana rather than to CA. They are claiming a shipping company error, but they used the wrong zip code - I can't really blame the shipper for sending them where the seller directed.

They have lied about when they are resending items - dates, method and just about everything.

Then, to my chagrin, I learned that purchasing through Paypal left me with no protection whatsoever. Apparently, Paypal only protects you on non ebay purchased for items not received. The shipper has only to send you an empty box that arrives at your address for Paypal to uphold their claim. The items do not have to work, or even be present.

I will obviously not use Paypal to make a vendor purchase again. I should have used my credit card directly, but I thought that Paypal offered protection to its purchasers.

The cradle I bought from them does not charge a second battery any longer. It used to require a "wiggle" to get things going, but now will not work at all. The cables never worked and were sent back, they cancelled the battery due to compatibility issues, and the case I paid for has never come into stock, apparently.

They have no trouble taking my money, and out of 5 items ordered ZERO have arrived and work. They will not refund my money, ship replacements, so they have my money and have supplied nothing that actually works.

I don't expect to see my money or the items I paid for from this company - I'm out $70.00. It won't kill me, but it sure does make me mad!

I did let them know today that I will pursue them through small claims court - the one advantage that I have in being in the same county with them. I'll pay to file the case and have them served, and then recover the costs, along with punitive damages in court if I have to. Maybe it's spiteful, or maybe they just figure no one will throw good money after bad - maybe I'm the dumb one to want to pursue it. But, they robbed me and have stolen my money, and I'll be damned if I'm just gonna sit back quietly and let them get away with it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan