PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Battery Questions

I just got my Mogul yesterday, and left it on to charge during the day (I called to activate, they said call back this afternoon cause the line was still processing). I unplugged it at around 4pm when I activated it. I was using it heavily, playing with it and such, and it still had 20% battery left by 1:30am. I woke up this morning, about 9 hours later, and the battery was dead/mogul was off (I would have expected to last longer because it was in standby, but not that big of a deal).

It wouldn't power on. I plugged in the power adapter and turned it on, and it said 20% battery already. It's been plugged in about an hour and a half now, and the battery is already up to 90%. Is this normal?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Now it says 100%, but it's still charging. This is weird.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The software can't accurately determine the percentage of battery life left, especially when charging (Normally it can estimate by monitoring the output, but when a battery is being charged, its much harder to tell).
What it can do is determine when the battery is holding about all it can take, in which case it will stop charging and turn the charging light from orange to green.
Just trust the light and ignore the percentages it reports while charging.

Also, new batteries sort of need to be "broken in". The first few times you charge and use the device, you might get different times out of it. As you use it, this will become more regular and predictable.

My mogul used to barely last a day, but yesterday it was on all day with basic use, and by the end it had 60% left!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: sprint

monster28 is a n00b
all so close all running programs thats takes a lot of batt life too
Old 09-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

I could only charge it for that hour and a half. It dropped to 70% in a few minutes, then stayed there most of the day. I used it [web surfing, and IM] for a couple hours during one of my classes, and it dropped to 50%. It's still at 50% now.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
LOL... instead of giving us play by play updates, why don't you use it for a few days to get a feel for what's considered average times on your phone before asking us if this is "normal"?

I told you, the first few times you charge and use the battery, it will be erratic. Wait a few days, then tell us what you find!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan