PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gzub is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gzub Send a message via MSN to gzub Send a message via Yahoo to gzub
Found replacement roaming triangle (and Battery Icon)

I was looking for a better battery icon, ran across this thread at XDA-Developers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=321733

So I decided to install it....

However I got a nice surprise on reboot, besides changing the batter icon to a much better version, the roaming triangle is now white with a transparent background (you cannot see the new battery icon as I am using Activesync remote display so the PDA is charging while I am plugged in):

I have not noticed any other issues, the 1x icon seems the same and since I am at work I cannot see if the EVDO icon is the same...

Geoff
Old 08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Lurker

berardi is a n00b
I can't get it to work I installed the sdk cab and the other ones how do you actually activate it?? I want this...help!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gzub is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to gzub Send a message via MSN to gzub Send a message via Yahoo to gzub
I had to soft reset after I did it.... Try that. Also one interesting thing I noticed... If you use CabViaActiveSync for either of the CABs it will not work. You must install them by copying them to the device and then running them.

Geoff
Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Lurker

berardi is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzub
I had to soft reset after I did it.... Try that. Also one interesting thing I noticed... If you use CabViaActiveSync for either of the CABs it will not work. You must install them by copying them to the device and then running them.

Geoff
I downloaded them from my mogul directly and I also did a soft reset but it doesn't work which files exactly did you use? I used them all because I couldn't figure out which to use
Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Nice find gzub.

If its not working for you, please note the instructions on the website

If Using One Of The CAB's Provided, Please Do The Following: Ensure You Have "sdkcerts.cab" Installed, Then Install The CAB

I copied the sdkcerts.cab and "PK & Bennec83 Clean 3G, New Battery (Colour Icons).CAB" files over to my Mogul and installed them from there. Soft reset and the icons worked.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Using files like this one on the Apache breaks the vision arrow state change. Are you seeing the vision arrows changing color even with this hack installed?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:58 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
does nothing on mine either. i installed sdkcerts, soft reset, installed the new icons cab, soft reset, nothing

since im so used to doing this every day on this buggy phone, i hard reset, installed sdkcerts, soft reset, installed battery icons cab, soft reset. still nothing. so its not my other software messing it up.

i never have an OLD battery icon up top unless i install htc home like 99.999999999% of other users. is that battery icon that htc home puts up there what this is replacing? if so its going to have no effect for me.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Yes all it's doing is replacing the MS-provided battery icons with its own. So if you're not seeing the default MS battery meter up there, then you won't see this one either.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:03 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
thanks luv2chill. i apologize if this has been covered before, ive searched etc etc, but seems like an appropriate thread... is there no way to get the battery icon up there without 3rd party software?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Retired Staff

No you can have the free MS-provided one without installing anything simply by editing a registry entry. It is basic but it works:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
"Showtitlebarclock"=dword:0

So basically use a registry editor to navigate to that key and change that value from 1 to 0.

All this software in this post does is replace the graphics of that meter with colored ones.

Keep in mind that this battery meter is only visible up there whilst on the today screen. If you want one that stays visible all the time then yes you will need 3rd party software.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan