PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Stock mogul...please help!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8290)

68hundo 09-10-2007 11:01 PM

Stock mogul...please help!!

I just got my fresh Mogul...so its completely stock. ive only been on here a couple times.....im trying PHM Registry Editor and would like to know what the most favorable edits and programs are. My first will be Opera mini...need suggestions.

Some interests are:

1-The basics (touch screen convenience,x-button, etc...)
2-Opera (best version??)
3-GPS (can i get it free??)
4-Start menu
5-Themes
6-Best place for ringtones ( i hate making my own)
7-Youtube (faster version)
8-Google maps
9-Weather
10-Yahoo and Google
11-TV???
12-Media player

Please help me out with my new Mogul guys!!!

Links would help me out a lot here too!

Thanks you thank you

Good things

jaak 09-11-2007 01:34 AM

That's a lot to cover. All of it certainly has already been discussed, I hate to sound rude, but really - try searching. :)

KoukiFC3S 09-11-2007 01:46 AM

I like HTC X button 1.5. I set my texts as an exception so that it minimizes it so that it opens instantly. Works great.

2-Opera (best version??)

I dont use it but I read that mobile is faster while the mobile version is more like a desktop browser.

You will need an external GPS receiver at the moment. GPS might be added with the update coming up. It should be out this month.

8-Google maps

Works great and is compatible with a GPS receiver.

11-TV???

Slingbox works good for me.

12-Media player

I use WMP for my music and it does all I need.

As for the registry, I disabled the send message notification and made the camera take landscape pics instead of portrait.

freegood 09-11-2007 04:32 AM

If you don't have a slingbox, check out Orb for streaming media from your computer.

jtrag 09-11-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68hundo (Post 85616)
I just got my fresh Mogul...so its completely stock. ive only been on here a couple times.....im trying PHM Registry Editor and would like to know what the most favorable edits and programs are. My first will be Opera mini...need suggestions.

Some interests are:

2-Opera (best version??)
4-Start menu
5-Themes
8-Google maps
9-Weather
10-Yahoo and Google
11-TV???
12-Media player

Please help me out with my new Mogul guys!!!

Links would help me out a lot here too!

Thanks you thank you

Good things

SPB Mobile Shell, SPB Phone Suite, SPB Diary, SPB Backup, HTC X-Button 1.5

2-Opera (best version??)
8.6+

As far as I know, you need an adapter which you have to purchase. Try searching the forums.

4-Start menu
Not sure what you mean here...

5-Themes
There are plenty of them out there. Seek and ye shall find. Perhaps you could try the 'THEMES' Section of this site ???

Once again, search this site, there's a recent thread regarding this that you can't miss if you would search the forums.

8-Google maps
hmm... GOOGLE IT

9-Weather
Weather Panel... again, SEARCH THE FORUMS.

10-Yahoo and Google
Opera? Pocket IE?

11-TV???
Try searching the forums. You would be amazed at how many answers you can find by using the SEARCH feature.

12-Media player
Core Player is good. I'm sure there's other ones out there. Again, SEARCH the forums.

Oh yeah, did I mention SEARCH THE FORUMS ???

LOL, Hope that helps. Seriosly though man, most of the questions you just asked have already been asked/discussed and if you would just take the time to search around ppcgeeks.com forums you will find all the answers you need. You could also try joining the Chat Room. There are a lot of helpful people that chat in there.

68hundo 09-12-2007 01:46 AM

thanks

yea now that I've got my mogul I have been playin around and searching the site and found pretty much evrything I needed. thanks a hell of a lot for your time guys..I really do appreciate it.

jimmiekain 09-12-2007 02:14 AM

dude, I still cant get you tube to work on my mogul and i've had it for a few months now! People always post ways to make it work but they never explain in plain detail so all users of all leveles can understand! so good luck bro!

Mustang46L 09-12-2007 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 86205)
dude, I still cant get you tube to work on my mogul and i've had it for a few months now! People always post ways to make it work but they never explain in plain detail so all users of all leveles can understand! so good luck bro!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6623 -- Explains how to get YouTube in full detail. -- all you need to do is install the files.