PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (6800) 3.35 Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

xmentalx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xmentalx
Vastly Improved video playback on the MOGUL

i was poking around a bit tonight, mostly looking for a viable way to watch 24 on my mogul (my eps are in IPOD format so they are mp4)

so in my search for TCPMP 81beta rc1 i stumbled onto GAPI found http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html here (download the cab and install it)

i installed it along with another media player (that didnt even run) but when i ran tcpmp v.72, i noticed something, GAPI was a new video option along with the standard direct draw, raw etc
so i tried it, and low and behold my 24 episode played near perfectly, even fast forwarding and rewinding... dunno if this has been posted before, if so im sorry for the double-post, but im quite amazed at how a simple mistake just made my day...

when you run gapi setup you will get an error, ignore it, and i did enable the framebuffer cache, dunno if that helped or not but in my case its enabled and my playback is working great....

it works fine in tcpmp v.81 also, but i just happened to start .72 first
Old 10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
i dont see the extra video driver in tcpmp (i have ddraw rawframe gdi)

is there something else needed, it also ask me to copy a dll file to the windows directory, but i dont know where the file is at

*i just checked and gx.dll is in the directory, but i still cant select it for playback in tcpmp

Last edited by gobmonster; 10-05-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
i dont see the extra video driver in tcpmp (i have ddraw rawframe gdi)

is there something else needed, it also ask me to copy a dll file to the windows directory, but i dont know where the file is at

*i just checked and gx.dll is in the directory, but i still cant select it for playback in tcpmp
Old 10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (6800) 3.35 Stock ROM
Threadstarter

xmentalx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to xmentalx
yea, i have since found out you need tcpmp .81 for it to work, somehow it worked once with the older version and none since, and it will give you that error on startup, just close the error and the setup will run, and save and exit it (it runs sometimes, i have had problems to get it to run, but it works fine with me)
Old 10-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Works and defiantly helps alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmentalx View Post
yea, i have since found out you need tcpmp .81 for it to work, somehow it worked once with the older version and none since, and it will give you that error on startup, just close the error and the setup will run, and save and exit it (it runs sometimes, i have had problems to get it to run, but it works fine with me)
Old 10-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
it seems like GAPI was meant for older PPCs though from how i understand it and doesnt really offer us anything new currently above directdraw or rawframe, i think it was before those standards were availible

EDIT** GAPI was pre-directdraw seen below from microsoft. I wouldnt use it over directdraw or the raw setting it doesnt support hardware acceleration and its an old technology for pre wm 5 devices

The Game API (GAPI) was an early, pre-Windows Mobile Version 5.0 library that allowed applications, primarily games, to display efficient and fast graphics on Windows Mobile. GAPI has for the most part been made obsolete by DirectDraw and Direct3D Mobile. The input portions of the GAPI interface remain in use. Although GAPI remains supported for legacy applications, it is depreciated and should not be used (with the exception of the input functions) in current games.

DirectDraw is superior to GAPI in these ways:

GAPI graphics does not take advantage of hardware acceleration, since it writes directly to the frame buffer. DirectDraw supports hardware acceleration.

GAPI graphics does not support different screen resolutions, and DirectDraw does. This saves you from having to support all resolutions in your own code, and future-proofs your program, allowing it to run at resolutions that may be added in the future.
Doesnt really speak for the moguls terrible direct draw driver, im going to download tcpmp .81, does it replace the .72 version?
Old 10-06-2007, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ms30250 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ms30250
Works like a charm

Yes this also worked very well for me.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

mastermatt63 is a n00b
Gapi

doodes this thing is awesome I luv it I downloaded Media Converter at download.com and i convert all the vids i wanna watch on my mogul to mpeg1 and they work crystal clear in my TCPMP v.71
Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

skatsev is a n00b
Just for my (and others?) clarification:
  • The GAPI driver doesn't *replace* DirectDraw, correct?
  • This only works for TCPMP? ... i.e. applications like VTap will still be very slow?
Thanks!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermatt63 View Post
doodes this thing is awesome I luv it I downloaded Media Converter at download.com and i convert all the vids i wanna watch on my mogul to mpeg1 and they work crystal clear in my TCPMP v.71
Which media converter do you use? There are a few on there. Could you post a link? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan