PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

schick79 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dead Verizon XV6800

I have an old Verizon XV6800 that is completely stock, and is stuck on a permanent red light. I hadn't used the phone in a while, so I would assume the battery was run way down. When I first plugged the phone in to the AC adapter, the phone powered up just fine. Ever since I turned it off, it hasn't wanted to come back to life.

I've tried every possible combination of old and new battery, and USB cable and AC charger. Nothing seems to work - the phone will not come back on.

The USB cable and AC charger are both known good units that work fine with another phone.

I thought the old battery was the culprit, but I just received a new battery today and let it charge (allegedly) for at least 4 hours and it still wouldn't fire up.

I've also tried doing a hard reset and the device doesn't respond.

I've also tried all of the above both with and without the battery in.

Last, I don't see any sort of device recognition on my computer itself when the phone is plugged in via the USB cable.

Any ideas? I can't imagine that the phone just completely died on me right in my hands... Maybe it smelled my Touch Pro 2 and committed suicide?

Anyways, any suggestions on how to perform CPR on it would be appreciated. Cheers!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Dead Verizon XV6800

From my understanding, permanent red light (when plugged in) means the phone is getting juice but it is unable to detect a battery present. Have you cleaned the battery terminals? Even if the phone is dead somehow, (which after 4 years of use and abuse I managed to kill mine) the phone itself still charges the battery when plugged in and shows the orange light when charging, if you have red, it isn't charging the battery. The phone wont do anything if the battery is fully discharged, so if the red light is stuck on when plugged in, you aren't charging the battery/battery isn't detected. Determine if that's the issue or we need to look elsewhere.

P.S. the phone won't be recognized by the computer when off, the phone also won't do anything else if the battery is fully discharged, literally nothing, no lights, no response to soft/hard reboots, nothing without a battery with some juice in it.

Last edited by samuel1613; 05-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Battery contacts all appear to be fine. I tried to polish them up anyway just to be safe, but nothing has changed.

Thanks for responding!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schick79 View Post
Battery contacts all appear to be fine. I tried to polish them up anyway just to be safe, but nothing has changed.

Thanks for responding!
So after cleaning the contacts do you still have a permanent red light when the battery is in and the phone is plugged in? If the phone is off, and the battery is in, and you plug it in, you should see an orange light which means the battery is charging. If you have a red light, the battery isn't charging. If it wont turn on with a battery thats getting charged, you have at least identified its a problem with the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Oh well, thanks for trying!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Drewcam888 had a Titan for sale for $20 here. You may want to check it out!!

HTC TITAN XV6800

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Appreciate that! Actually, the whole purpose of this was because I just got a new WiFi Xoom and was trying to find a way to tether internet from my cell to it. I have a TP2, but it only shares in Ad Hoc mode, and the Xoom and TP2 don't play nice together regarding BT PAN. So, I figured I'd try to resurrect the old XV 6800 to keep me going until my Verizon New Every Two anniversary comes around in a month.

Upon declaring the 6800 DOA, I finally decided to root the Xoom, and now everything works with the TP2.

Again, thanks to everyone for helping!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan