PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

vMAC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else live in AZ?

I'm seeming to have a problem and I'm hoping it's just something that I'm doing wrong with the phone. I live in Arizona so there is no DST time zone change when the season changes. Right now when I'm in Arizona it works fine I don't have any problems; but I travel frequently to other states particularly Seattle, Washington; Dayton, OH; and Atlanta, GA. Whenever I travel to any of those places not only is the time wrong on my phone (which I have set to get the time from the network and I'm on Sprint) but it also throws off the timing of my appointments. It's really baffling when I travel to Seattle; which is currently on the same time as I am it shows the time as being an hour later than it really is, and it shows my appointments to be an hour later than they really are? Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know of a quick way that I can fix this?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
I'm in az and yeah, I had the same problem, I traveled cross country right after I got my phone. I had some luck getting the right time setting the time zone to one that was actually an hour earlier than the one I was in... However, I had sparratic issues with it changing the time on its own sometimes. I think the solution to that is to force a network time update which is in the phone options, in services, under time syncronization (hit update now) and then just play with the timezone til everything matches - don't use the actual timezone you are in....
Old 09-07-2007, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vMAC is a n00b
That seems to me like a pretty big glitch on a phone that is supposed to be for higher paying business clients who travel more than the regular person. Do they know that this is an issue and are they going to resolve it with the ROM update that is supposed to be sent out later this month?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
That seems to me like a pretty big glitch on a phone that is supposed to be for higher paying business clients who travel more than the regular person. Do they know that this is an issue and are they going to resolve it with the ROM update that is supposed to be sent out later this month?
I have no idea but I did want to ask where you heard about the ROM update? Do you know a more specific date or whether it will have rev A and such? Or a link to news about it for that matter?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I have the same problem too, as I live on the AZ/NV boarder. I found that disabling the auto time update help me out, along with using rltoday which can control the time zones & display two or more clocks. This won't help with appointments though.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 09-08-2007, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
I just noticed this the other day as I traveled to California on a business trip. Once I landed and fired the phone back up, the clock was off by an hour. Even though the Clock function clearly said that the primary 'home' of the phone was in AZ, Sprint/the phone decided that it needed to adjust the hour back by one.

The question though is whose fault is this? Is it WM6, Sprint, or shoddy programming?

My phone is NOT patched, BTW.

On another note, I've noticed that my phone is suddenly using a LOT more power than it used to before I took this flight. I'm losing 30% of my charge when it's off at night instead of 10% tops.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vMAC is a n00b
Well to the person who asked about the ROM update i thought that was a date that Sprint gave out on their own. i have no knowledge of another date specifically.

i don't know who's problem it is but i know that i never had this problem with my 700p
Old 09-08-2007, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor
Had the same problem too. Best thing I could do was to switch my clock settings to the visiting city option.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: VZW

Zacharybinx is a n00b
:(

Yeah, I don't travel too often, but I went to Utah a couple of weeks ago and everything got screwed up.. just in case we needed another confirmation.

p.s. I'm actually on Qwest.. so idk, I know they use sprints data features as their own, so it could still be sprint related.. umph I started typing and I realized it was a total tangent..
Old 09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharybinx View Post
Yeah, I don't travel too often, but I went to Utah a couple of weeks ago and everything got screwed up.. just in case we needed another confirmation.

p.s. I'm actually on Qwest.. so idk, I know they use sprints data features as their own, so it could still be sprint related.. umph I started typing and I realized it was a total tangent..
yeah qwest is just a sprint reseller that rebrands with their own name.... They probably have a custom rom image loaded on the mogul however?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan