PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dave52355 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for a stable ROM

My Apache ran for over a year on cricket with a custom built rom cooked by myself in the kitchen. I guess I was spoiled. The touchscreen started acting up recently so I replaced it with a slightly used Mogul.

This time I opted to use a pre-built rom with cricket. I chose RM's 2.2 heavy with WM6.5. Very pretty looking. My cricket worked flawlessly. I've had issues connecting to the internet. Sometimes it connects, next time it takes 4-5 attempts. Seems to go downhill as the rom ages. I've had to reflash the rom on an average of every 2-3 days.

The Mogul seems more involved when it comes to cooking new roms. Seems like the radio version pri all have to be matched or things can go really bad. Perhaps I miss understood. Anyways, although I've created my own rom I have not flashed my phone yet.

Could it be the WM 6.5? I've read that there are issues? What rom would folks recommend?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 (Apache)

CrashCore is a n00b
Re: Looking for a stable ROM

I can attest to your experiences: WM 6.5 is definitely not as stable as 6.1, and I also experienced the degradation of reliability as the ROM ages like you mentioned. But it has features way too nice to go back to 6.1, at least for me. The lock screen and titanium home is just too cool. The start menu has its ups and downs, but I'm swaying from the topic.

I've been using the bare bones builds from mattsm's thread in this (HTC Titan Upgrades) forum (I'm on Verizon and additionally like my ROM's to have just what I want in them, no more or less) until 23017, but now he seems to only have links to the Sprint builds of 23037 and 23041, so I might just try 23041 anyways. They're usually pretty nice after I apply my customizations.

My biggest problem has always been the stability of the messaging program, although this has plagued me since 6.1 on my Apache, so I guess it's just a custom ROM thing. It's definitely worse in 6.5 builds, but because of the reasons I mentioned above, I live with it.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:28 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

@crashcore: I have included a bare bones 23041 now. And will continue with the bare bones as well.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
@crashcore: I have included a bare bones 23041 now. And will continue with the bare bones as well.
I've been playing with 23041 that I built myself, it's one of the better builds in a while so far. Pretty fast and stable...
Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I've been playing with 23041 that I built myself, it's one of the better builds in a while so far. Pretty fast and stable...

I agree with you on this. It took some time for me getting off of the 23017 cuz I really liked it as well. But this newer UI is definately starting to look better and better.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 (Apache)

CrashCore is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
I agree with you on this. It took some time for me getting off of the 23017 cuz I really liked it as well. But this newer UI is definately starting to look better and better.
I definitely like the look of the new controls-on-the-bottom and other things, but I feel that the functionality is very much sub-par. Bottoms of menus are cut off and not reachable by any means, applications with older WM5-style menus (ie. Total Commander) are way too spaced out and have buttons you can't get at and otherwise look terrible, and everything is way too "padded" (using the HTML definition of padding). I like to make the most of my 240x320 resolution, but the menus, drop-downs, and other things are massive even when I decrease the menu text size in the registry, so I can only see a few lines at a time.

Am I the only one annoyed badly enough by this that I had to revert to 23017? Or maybe the only one who is having this problem at all?

I'd like to extend a huge thanks to mattsm for giving me the ROMs to play with (and use) though. I'm digging 6.5, just not the new UI unless padding on menus and other things can be reduced to resemble the old UI.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCore View Post
I definitely like the look of the new controls-on-the-bottom and other things, but I feel that the functionality is very much sub-par. Bottoms of menus are cut off and not reachable by any means, applications with older WM5-style menus (ie. Total Commander) are way too spaced out and have buttons you can't get at and otherwise look terrible, and everything is way too "padded" (using the HTML definition of padding). I like to make the most of my 240x320 resolution, but the menus, drop-downs, and other things are massive even when I decrease the menu text size in the registry, so I can only see a few lines at a time.
totally agree.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

madjokeer is keeping up the good workmadjokeer is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Looking for a stable ROM

fastest and most stable i found was 21015 back @ wm6.1 here is a link to where u can get it

http://download.ppchaven.com/CDMA%20...sdee/Kitchens/

all credits to Drellisdee

for use with ppck
Old 09-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey if your running one of Ryans ROM's and having problems Have you let him know of the problem. He may have a fix for ya or even might have an update. He fully supports his ROMs. If you have problems with you wap connection it sound like the EPST settings.
I always found RyanMogul's roms the easiest and best when I had my Titan.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started

so what's the difference between mattsm's and btonetbone's ?

edit:

OR bbsankm's which appears to have more than twice as many thread posts than either of them

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan