PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

iamchrismoran is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Date recovery from internal memory

While in the white mountains of NH my phone froze on me. It was the only camera I brought for the hiking trip and the only phone I had... so I felt I had no other choice but to hard reset it. So I lost everything. The contact info and software aren't really a big deal. The settings only took time to fix up, but I lost about 2 weeks of pictures of my (now) 3 month old son that I hadn't had a chance to pull off the phone (was in fact planning to move them all to the sd card when I realized it had frozen).

I saw a from searching some older threads that there didn't seem to be any known way to recover such data, so I'm posting now to see if anyone has figured it out.

I've pretty much kept all my new data to the sd card in hopes that I don't overwrite too much stuff. The cam takes pretty crappy pix and does a horrible job at 2mp for quick shots when a 2+ month old baby is moving around cutely, but I'd sure like to have those pictures back.

I did install Recuva, but there doesn't seem to be a way to mount the phone on the system (xp) in a way that it can see it to try to recover data.

Thanks for any useful insight.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Date recovery from internal memory

If you put your photos on the SD card use:

http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/smar...htm?language=1

make sure you dont write to SD card as it can hinder recovery..but the above is the software i sued when my brother deleted all my photos for my camera on the sd card.

if its on the phone directly..im not sure if the above will work but it might...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

iamchrismoran is a n00b

I guess I forgot to specifically mention... all the lost data was on the internal memory [B]not[B] on the sd card.

That software does specifically comment on working on the removable media.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sorry you are out of luck.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You can try a 30 day trial of

http://www.wizcode.com/products/view...ecovery_mobile

or

http://www.ufsexplorer.com/rdr_mobile.php

but never tried it myself

Last edited by gTen; 08-26-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Sorry you are out of luck.
I agree with you he is out of luck...

Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Looks like this product will work only to recover from your storage cards, i havent use any of this myself either, i would think that after you hard resetted your device you probably overwritte your pictures but then again you can try..good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan