PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

realmadrid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Think I found the issue w/ the rapidly draining battery !!

I noticed this a few weeks ago but I had no time to post nor time to investigate... The sad thing is that I cant replicate this but I can say for certain that whoever has this issue would definately lose battery power quickly. Basically one night when I was in a completely dark room I put the PPC in standby. What I noticed was a very faint glow on the screen as if the backlight was STILL on dispite it being in standby. That would surely kill batt power quickly. So I turned it back on then off again into standby , the glow was still there. FYI. ...I had the HTC home page installed I had the backight app as one of the quick apps and I used to keep the backlight at the second dimmest setting (because batt power sucked) and I So I turned it back on again and then turned the backlight up to the second brightest setting., then put it back into standby and then the screen was completely dark !!! . I havent had this problem anymore that I know of (yet Im not in a dark room all the time to find out) ...but I think Im not having this issue anymore.... i think by keeping the backlight on the brighter settings when using instead of low settings makes the screen completely turn off when its supposed to...and my battery power is super now... ie. today in 12 hrs i went from 100% to 80 % . Cant say whats the real fix (should have troubleshooted when it was happening) but maybe you guys can figure it out. !!!! So go in a dark room and look very closely at the screen when in standby to see if you have a leaking backlight.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint pcs

s2000gtx is just getting started
i know tht activ sync sometime is open and it never closes unless u manually go to END all programs. and tht too an drain ur battry is activ sync is always on
Old 08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

realmadrid is a n00b
yes but an active app running is prob a pea-shooter compared to a glowing backlight stuck on when it should be off.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Re: I Think I found the issue w/ the rapidly draining batter

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmadrid
I noticed this a few weeks ago but I had no time to post nor time to investigate... The sad thing is that I cant replicate this but I can say for certain that whoever has this issue would definately lose battery power quickly. Basically one night when I was in a completely dark room I put the PPC in standby. What I noticed was a very faint glow on the screen as if the backlight was STILL on dispite it being in standby. That would surely kill batt power quickly. So I turned it back on then off again into standby , the glow was still there. FYI. ...I had the HTC home page installed I had the backight app as one of the quick apps and I used to keep the backlight at the second dimmest setting (because batt power sucked) and I So I turned it back on again and then turned the backlight up to the second brightest setting., then put it back into standby and then the screen was completely dark !!! . I havent had this problem anymore that I know of (yet Im not in a dark room all the time to find out) ...but I think Im not having this issue anymore.... i think by keeping the backlight on the brighter settings when using instead of low settings makes the screen completely turn off when its supposed to...and my battery power is super now... ie. today in 12 hrs i went from 100% to 80 % . Cant say whats the real fix (should have troubleshooted when it was happening) but maybe you guys can figure it out. !!!! So go in a dark room and look very closely at the screen when in standby to see if you have a leaking backlight.
I tried to replicate your settings and I have no light whatsoever when my Mogul is in standby (off), with any backlight settings. Besides, my battery power usage is fine.

Since you said you can't reproduce the issue, you either had an errant app running in the background, or you have flakey hardware.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

realmadrid is a n00b
TC1 ...only apps I had was the HTC today, HTC X-button and the Touch dialer...nothing else. I ve been fine over the last two weeks. All Im saying is that the people WITH a major battery problem should check this out. If your battery is fine then obviously your light is fine. And rememeber becase of the glare in lighted conditions you NEED to go in a dark room.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:22 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
mines done this, but only a few times. i think its a bug. ive always noticed it and turned back on and off again, and it went away. i dont think its ever had real effect on my battery.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
I have seen it as well occasionally but overall my battery is good..... but it sure could be a drain if it happened often.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

kronium is a n00b
Google maps leaves the screen "glowing black" all the time. Close google maps, go to stand by again, and the screen shuts off. The main reason I use Live now.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
Mine did that occasionally as well, but I would notice it usually, and turn the screen on and off until it went completely off.

--James
Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

cobra9777 is a n00b
Mine does this as well. It happens when the backlight is set at the lowest setting and a program is running. It does not happen 100% of the time under these conditions, but it is a frequent occurrence. If the backlight is on any other setting or if no program is running, I've never seen it happen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan