PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   PPC6800 Mogul running a little sluggish (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8046)

MogulMan112 09-05-2007 08:28 PM

PPC6800 Mogul running a little sluggish

Well, I just got my Mogul about a week or so ago, and I installed a few plugins on it. I installed the

Bliss Iphone Dialer
HTC Today Editor
Slide 2 unlock

and a couple small things. It like started running sluggish today when I went to type and text message, what can I do to fix this!?

colonel 09-05-2007 08:38 PM

reset. kill slide2unlock and any unnecessary today plugins.

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY 09-05-2007 08:47 PM

slide2 unlock is a memory hog thats y i don't use it. takes up to much ram on the mogul which extra ram we just don't have.

pt spinna 09-17-2007 07:18 AM

my message system is running slow and i havent downloaded any new programs or changes in like a week

prototypedc 09-17-2007 08:38 AM

mine does this to even locks up sum time when i go to send a text i fix it by going to settings > input > word completion > Clear stored Entries

then every thing gos back to normal strange this only happends to me when i use the stock textin app

pt spinna 09-17-2007 08:14 PM

anyone's texts goes blank after a few letters??

rijc99 09-18-2007 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MogulMan112 (Post 83209)
Well, I just got my Mogul about a week or so ago, and I installed a few plugins on it. I installed the

Bliss Iphone Dialer
HTC Today Editor
Slide 2 unlock

and a couple small things. It like started running sluggish today when I went to type and text message, what can I do to fix this!?

Not familiar with the Bliss iphone dialer. Can you post link to where you got it?
I would suspect the dialer if it was originally built for a GSM phone. Other dialers that works fine on other PPCs been shown to cause severe memory leaks and issues when installed on CDMA phones. Take a look at the Big Dialer created specifically for Sprint CDMA Mogul by Paul if you want a dialer that will not cause problems.

MogulMan112 09-21-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pt spinna (Post 88958)
anyone's texts goes blank after a few letters??

Ha yea I thought I was the only person that had this problem......THat's what was driving me up a wall.

Well I cleared out my phone......Reset it all....Shut off all Beams,bluetooth, and all that.....

I didit eh registry hacks for the battery life...

Installed the

Slide2Unlock
HTC Home Customizer
PHM GedEdit
Disable SMS Sent Notification Popup

It runs pretty smooth now.....I think u just have to shut ALL the stuff off that u def don't u....and do a few registry hacks...

I am going to keep snooping around and find some more registry hacks.

NARC_CHARGER 09-30-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijc99 (Post 89119)
. Take a look at the Big Dialer created specifically for Sprint CDMA Mogul by Paul if you want a dialer that will not cause problems.

How is this installed I am a novice and where can I find this dialer? Thanks much...

Cicatrize 10-01-2007 12:19 AM

Slide2Unlock 2 is actually fairly nice on RAM usage.