PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

m5zealot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mogul email woes w/ Cox

Hello, Newbie here sorry if I'm posting in wrong forum! I have a new Sprint Mogul and Cox as my ISP. A few months ago I was able to set up my email and was getting and sending just fine, thru Vista Webmail on my HP notebook. I decided to start using Vista's Outlook 2007 instead so I could take advantage of sync and other features of Windows Mobile 6. Now all hell has broke loose. I can't send email thru my Mogul now. I have tried every combination of smpt outgoing server scenerios on the Mogul and no luck. Sprint techs are no help and Cox worse. I know using smpt.west.cox.net won't allow relaying and Sprint suggest using their smpt server to send mail. So I entered my Vision user name and password on setup, (smpt.sprintpcs.com for outgoing mail and pop.west.cox.net) and get failure messages! I could be entering wrong password/username but can't verify it cause Sprint's network is down! Please help!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Was there anything at all that you changed on your Mogul when you did the Vista outlook 2007 install? I don't see how PC software installation affected your mogul's mail sending.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor
cox and sprint have some new services that you have to pay for. When those services went live they blocked mobile devices from checking mail. You HAVE to sign up for their new service to check your email from your mobile device
Old 10-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Quote:
Originally Posted by specv View Post
cox and sprint have some new services that you have to pay for. When those services went live they blocked mobile devices from checking mail. You HAVE to sign up for their new service to check your email from your mobile device
Well we will just have to find a way around that now won't we? LOL
Old 10-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
is there a link to this svc?

Will
Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
It might have been a typo, but the first part of those addresses should be smtp rather than smpt

If it wasn't a typo then that's your problem.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

m5zealot is a n00b
Sprint/Cox problems

Thanks for all your suggestions, to answer some, I have the "full package" from Sprint, not sure what my exact plan name is but I have unlimited Vision access- email, text the whole deal.

I never changed any settings on the Mogul, I just assumed Windows Center would sync all proper settings to my device. The weird thing is I was able to send and receive the first 24 hours after activating Outlook Office 2007.

I do remember the device "freezing" on me later that day and had to do a soft reset. I think that's when the problems started. However, I would have thought plugging into my notebook and sync process would have fixed the issue. Should I do a hard reset and try again?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

m5zealot is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Was there anything at all that you changed on your Mogul when you did the Vista outlook 2007 install? I don't see how PC software installation affected your mogul's mail sending.
No. A seperate Outlook account was created after sync. My old email account "Cox.net" was still active. I deleted account since I thought I could do all me email tranactions thru the new "Outlook" account. I created another Cox account to see if it will let me send. No luck
Old 10-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

m5zealot is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
It might have been a typo, but the first part of those addresses should be smtp rather than smpt

If it wasn't a typo then that's your problem.
I was up for hours last night trying to resolve the issue so being tired and frustrated, I could have entered wrong letters. I will try again today. Can you at least verify if my settings are correct? pop.west.cox.net (incoming) smtp.sprintspcs.com (outgoing)
Old 10-07-2007, 03:41 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
For sprint, the outgoing is smtp.sprintpcs.com rather than smtp.sprintspcs.com. I don't use cox, but pop.west.cox.net is a valid server.

Check out this thread also for more info

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ar...p/t-42053.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan