PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.
Carrier: Sprint

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
Sprint as such douchebags...lol

So I got off the phone with support and I think a few people here said this before but I just got the definite answer. For those of us having trouble connecting to the internet with Internet Sharing (Not the trick where you connect on the phone first and then activate the program) but to use the program straight up like on the 6700, The Rep said that you need a Phone as Modem connection plan, which is $39.99. That's why we get the Error 67 error because Sprint is trying to change everyone that uses this feature. I asked the rep, why do you want to charge when this was free on the 6700? His reply was that they couldn't tell that what people were doing but with the 6800 they can. So if you want to easily use the internet, your safest bet is to use PDANET or some other connection software. This sucks....makes me wish that they gave me back my 6700 in a way but I can't complain too much since they gave me the 6800 for free. I guess I just have to deal.

MeGa
Old 09-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
i use phone as a modem and its not actiaveted on my plan... at least i don't think. oh well i work for sprint and they pay my bill so i could careless

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
So you probably have the hook up then. I used to get that when a friend's wife worked for Verizon. But this is what the rep told me. I always wondered why if I tried to use Internet Sharing, I always get error 67, unless I connect to the internet from IE on the phone and while it was connected, then open and activate Internet Sharing. I have an unlimited data plan on my phone but he told me that this is a new thing they are starting.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Yeah what a bunch of Douchebags, trying to get us to pay for the services we use, I can't believe how unfair they're being.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yeah it's really messed up. I used to use this at work all the time since they filter too much stuff and now I guess I'll be with PDANet because i'm not paying $39.99 for something I've been using for years with no problem.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
well they have to make money some where seeing as how they have the fastest and cheapest 3g packages.

Sprint 6800 with EVDO is $15 to add tethering its $39.99
T-Mobile Wing with EDGE is $29
AT&T 8525 with 3G -tethering is $49.99 and $79 with tethering
Verizon vx6700 with EVDO is $39.99, couldn't find their tethering price
Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
I agree they need to get their money somehow... its unfortunate though. The people on the SERO plan are forced to 'stealing' the tethered access, as they can not in any way add a PAM package to an account with SERO. They don't have the codes in the system to do it. So guys like me just use it like it is, and wait for somebody to complain.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started
Wink

i've been tethering with the 6700 for a year and recently switched to a 6800 with the knowledge that they might track tethering usage. although I only used it during emergencies, I still liked the fact that the option was there. now I have to press the ie button first?! wtf!? that royally sux. I like leaching but i'm not going to scab free modem tethering anymore if I have to press the ie button first.

seriously though, bfd. one extra button to press without regedits and nai hacking work for me. I still love my 6800.

p.s. hope you didn't think I was being an @sshole. just wanted to state that it's not a deal breaker for some.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Firon is just getting started
It seriously takes 20 seconds to enable the connection yourself. Disable multi-NAI (so Sprint can't detect tethering), run PIE, let it connect, then use the ICS app. Tada, works fine. No need to actually pay the $40 (if you even can, as SERO plans don't let you).

Last edited by Firon; 09-06-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firon View Post
It seriously takes 20 seconds to enable the connection yourself. Disable multi-NAI (so Sprint can't detect tethering), run PIE, let it connect, then use the ICS app. Tada, works fine. No need to actually pay the $40 (if you even can, as SERO plans don't let you).
yeah ive been doing that for quiet some time no charges on my bill.... KNOCKS ON WOOD.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan