PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Maybe stupid question abt: Apache WM6 (Helmi_c) and Titan/Mogul WM6 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8014)

rvashi 09-05-2007 12:40 PM

Maybe stupid question abt: Apache WM6 (Helmi_c) and Titan/Mogul WM6

Hey guys, this might be a really stupid question but how come the new WM6 ROM for the Apache is newer than the Titan/Mogul ROM??? There are a couple of things I noticed such as File Explorer and Wireless Manager (or something like that) which seems upgraded or new. I tried to look for a 'About' for the File Explorer to see if it was a third-party software but there is no 'About' so I am assuming that it is an upgraded version of the File Explorer.

Apache: CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)
Titan/Mogul: CE OS 5.2.1238 (Build 17745.0.2.3)

And if there is any updates available for the Titan/Mogul to upgrade to the newer version??

Thanks!

pixelwix 09-05-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvashi (Post 82924)
Hey guys, this might be a really stupid question but how come the new WM6 ROM for the Apache is newer than the Titan/Mogul ROM??? There are a couple of things I noticed such as File Explorer and Wireless Manager (or something like that) which seems upgraded or new. I tried to look for a 'About' for the File Explorer to see if it was a third-party software but there is no 'About' so I am assuming that it is an upgraded version of the File Explorer.

Apache: CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)
Titan/Mogul: CE OS 5.2.1238 (Build 17745.0.2.3)

And if there is any updates available for the Titan/Mogul to upgrade to the newer version??

Thanks!

becuase the base of his rom had the newest WM6 files in there. there is nothing we can do about it till were able to flash ours with diffrent roms. i know it sucks but thats life

stroths 09-05-2007 01:14 PM

Donate to the Helmi_c fund to get him a 6800 (linked below). If anyone can crack the ROM barrier on the 6800 it's him.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7896

willysp 09-05-2007 01:36 PM

It's not a stupid question at all. Sprint and HTC have chosen to give us an older version. Hopefully they will update it at some point, but history says it's unlikely.

rvashi 09-05-2007 02:47 PM

Hey thanks guys! Yeah that sucks because Sprint is most likely not gonna' provide any updates in the near future.

But I really like the File Explorer from the Apache WM6...do you guys know of any similar File Management Utility besides Resco?

unitypunk 09-05-2007 02:57 PM

because helmi loves us more then he loves you.

:-p

pixelwix 09-05-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvashi (Post 83004)
Hey thanks guys! Yeah that sucks because Sprint is most likely not gonna' provide any updates in the near future.

But I really like the File Explorer from the Apache WM6...do you guys know of any similar File Management Utility besides Resco?

what are the new feature in the file explore?

dcd 09-05-2007 03:40 PM

HTC's rom for the 6800 has AKU 0.2
Helmi's rom for the 6700 has AKU 0.4

the build on the mogul is the RTM version of WM6 and thus im not surprised to see that its the build htc/sprint used.

luv2chill 09-05-2007 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You'll be pleased to know that the file explorer in helmi's WM6 is not from MS. It's fairly old software called GSFinder that was modified for WM5/WM6 by a chap named dutty over at xda-dev. I'm attaching the exe file. You'll need to unzip and copy it over to your device--make a shortcut to it also if you like (tap and hold on the exe, choose "copy"... then navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs, tap and hold on an empty space and choose "Paste Shortcut".

rvashi 09-05-2007 05:04 PM

Hey thanks a lot luv2chill... haven't tried to run it yet but will let you know how it works!

So we now know that the File Explorer is not a MS product, so then what really is the difference between the two versions, besides the AKU numbers and the Wireless Manager??